New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all. New diver here, living in Allen (just a bit north of Dallas). I am pretty new and still developing my skills. I have my Open water cert and dive at Scuba Ranch. I am just recently retired so I have been obsessing a “bit” about my new hobby!
6 hours "left" of you. If you want to dive out this way, DM me and I'll make sure you have someone to dive with.

Congrats on the retirement!

Hi all. New diver here, living in Allen (just a bit north of Dallas). I am pretty new and still developing my skills. I have my Open water cert and dive at Scuba Ranch. I am just recently retired so I have been obsessing a “bit” about my new hobby!
Congratulations on retiring. I retired in ‘20 and understand about obsessing. We have free time now.
I started diving in the early ‘70s but got bored with lake/mud diving in the ‘80s and stopped until 6-7 years ago. Took a refresher class.
I have only been in Scuba Ranch for an AOW class in ‘18. I would like to dive it just for fun. My brother isn’t able to dive with me because of health.
We should meet during the week sometime when there are no classes there.
I am over by Saginaw north of Fort Worth so I don’t get over there much.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Scuba diving!

You can get to Cozumel pretty easy from DFW area. There is some amazing diving down there.

Underwater Museum off of Isla Mujeres. Lots of dive centers will go there from Cancun
Museo de Arte Subacuático en Cancún - MUSA

Missile Silo for when you get some more dives under your belt
Silo Diving

Flower Gardens: Lots of TX dive shops will run trips there
Flower Garden Banks National Marine Sanctuary

Texas Clipper Off of South Padre (need AOW)
The Texas Clipper Dive - American Diving

Plenty of other places in TX as well. Spring Lake, Balmorhea, Lake Travis, Blue Lagoon and much more.

We should meet during the week sometime when there are no classes there.
I am over by Saginaw north of Fort Worth so I don’t get over there much.
I believe they are only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friday’s are nice though.

If I were you guys, I would wait a couple of months though.

Back
Top Bottom