New Drysuit Owner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doby45

Do I have something in my teeth?
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Well, I just bit the "Bullet" (I am so funny with my puns) and bought a used Fusion Bullet that I hope to get by Monday. It appears to be a little dirty but the dry core looks great. Can I simply wash the skin in the washing machine on gentle and then reassemble? I plan to take them apart anyway to check for any leaks and so forth.

2uonjph.png

2qi49pj.png

14boznc.png

Last edited:
Sweet, thanks @tbone1004. Your advice always seems to just make sense. :)

As usual, I concur with Tom. If you want put the dirty parts in a bath tub and scrub.....

I just remembered, if it's an XL, I have a new tech skin I'm selling for $50, let me know.

It IS a L/XL and I will take you up on that.. I will send you a PM..

Got the new suit today and I have to say that I am pleased that the seals are like brand spanking new and uncut. In turn, HOLY HELL, I almost choked myself out with the neck seal. Seriously, I have read it is suppose to be "tight" but not uncomfortable out of the water and then in the water it will be better. But this thing is going to have to be trimmed a ring at a time as it appears to be an uncut seal and I have a rather large neck. The other thing I noticed was the neck seal would roll down my neck and form a thick ring of death around my neck. I will also be replacing the factory wrist seals as soon as humanly possible with some of the Si-tech permanent round rings and putting on silicone bottle seals. But all in all, I am very pleased with the fit of the Fusion and did not have much of an issue donning it.
Question, waxing the zipper; It "looks" like it could use some. Can I use natural pure bees wax to do this? I have a few pounds of good clean wax from my bees.

Yup, bees wax is fine, I prefer a softer wax as it's easier to apply. Enjoy, the skin is on the way.

Thanks Jay!! I also aired the suit up a bit last night and walked around the house like the Michelin man. My 9yr old daughter got a kick out of it.

Back
Top Bottom