New equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can vouch for the Aeris and the Zeagle equipment. You will get good service out of them. They are good products. I had an Aeris computer failure and they replaced it with no trouble what so ever. The replacement lasted 14 yrs before it failed. The Zeagle gear is very rugged and the company is family owned and very helpful.

I think you will like that Zeagle pony. I would test it for informational purposes. I would switch over to it at 60 feet and do a slow ascent. Measure what is left in the bottle. There may be nothing left. It would be a good base line for future reference. Just a suggestion.

The following is something I use to do to provide me with more gas and bottom time. I am not recommending it. I am just sharing the information. I use to carry a 30cuft pony. I would take my primary tank down to 500psi, switch to my pony, and start my ascent. The pony was more than enough for the ascent and the 500psi in the primary tank then became my backup for use in an emergency. This way I always had a back up, I got to utilize the air in the pony tank to extend the dive, and I arrived at the surface with 500psi in my primary tank.

Last edited:
...... Tell me what you think, any tips or advice welcome
Aeris XR1 wrist computer

In case you need to learn the XR-1, we have an online class for it :D

AM (aka eDiver)

Yeah...already saw that sim...pretty cool...the included directions I thought were reasonably well written also

Yeah...already saw that sim...pretty cool...the included directions I thought were reasonably well written also

Did you take the class too?

You lost me there....Which class?

Oh I see...dive computer training.com.....no haven't done that

IMHO a 6 cf pony bottle is just enough to give yourself a false sense of security. I'm not trying to get into a debate about the merits of pony bottles but if you're going to use one at least get something big enough to bring you back to the surface from as deep as you plan to dive. With a stressed breathing rate that six cu ft pony will give you somewhere around 1.5 minutes at 100ft. If I was going to use a pony I'd go for a 19cu ft at the very minimum but probably more likely 30-40cu ft.

Mattley -Yeah...I read that whole thread on pony bottle size...interesting and informative

Back
Top Bottom