New Florida dive flag law coming on July 1, 2014

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The problem here is that the law has already been changed. All to pitch a product. I'm afraid that now our Reps are going to be a lot less willing to go back, yet again, and make more changes to the dive law to accommodate things that should have been at least discussed before the law was changed.

I'm just hoping this cosmetic change doesn't turn into a road block.

Last call for any other considerations to discuss with Rep Raschein. I'm going to bring in a 6' HOG Safety Sausage for show and tell.

Good luck with the meeting: I hope you are successful. As I indicated, your initial e-mail to Holly Raschein expresses well my own thoughts

It was a good meeting, and I think I opened her eyes to the problem we see with the current law. She agrees with me that any marker is better than no marker and she wants to open this up to public discussion. For those who are interested, her name is pronounced raw-shine. I think that they are equally accented. :D

I have the yellow round "diver below" float with the red and white flag on top, which fell off and dissapeared last week... So I guess I need a new flag now? Which types are the easiest to tow ? I like the idea of one having a pocket as I have an electronic car car and need to put it in a waterpoof case.

I have the yellow round "diver below" float with the red and white flag on top, which fell off and dissapeared last week... So I guess I need a new flag now? Which types are the easiest to tow ? I like the idea of one having a pocket as I have an electronic car car and need to put it in a waterpoof case.

This is what I often use. It is extremely tough, has hand holds for resting at the surface (or clipping off a mini-dry box) and the flag and weight system is stable. The biggest benefit is that it is much easier to tow in a current..It is basically a life guard rescue can with a weight and a flag harness.

Hawaiian Hard Float | MAKO Spearguns

MHHF2-2.jpg

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom