New Forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah i figured as much diver:) I read that thread seems like there's definetly an large difference in alot of divers opoinions but thats to be expected ..... I went to that PETA website those people are straight extremist if it was up to them we wouldnt be able to swat mosquitos ..btw anyways lunch time :)

Yeah, PETA certainly represents one end of the spectrum.

I worked at Procter & Gamble for about 5 years (maker of Tide, Pringles, etc.). P&G was on the PETA "hit list" due to their use of animal testing for certain products. Every year at the P&G annual meeting, the PETA folks would show up with some impactful demonstration. The best one was a play on the NASCAR Tide car that P&G sponsors. PETA put together an exact replica of the Tide car and parked it in front of the P&G HQ building -- only instead of saying "Tide", it said "Died" on it. It was very well done.

That being said, I think these people need to get a life. I hear they are now advocating an end to sport fishing.....

Folks,

Julius Caesar is reputed to have said--just before he descended into the Med on a wreck dive--"De gustabus non disputandum est." I.e., different strokes for different folks! Spearfishing used to be the major focus of this sport, but it has been eclipsed by fish watching and photographing. That does not mean that there is not a place for it. So, let's see what the folks say...

Oh, yes, another little bit of Latin for the masses(And I do not mean Catholic!): digitus impunicus. "Digitus" means "finger". I will let you guess what "impunicus" means! Feel free to use that expression when disagreements occur--but do it politely!

Joewr

Dame Dykker,

While we are sorting out which new forums to add, if you would like, I would be more than happy to put a story about your lastest find up on the regular website. We can even include photos if you have some.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Dame Dykker

I'm with Ladydiver I want to read about and see if you have pic's about the stone age stuff.

And I do support the spearfishing forum

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom