New french diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nacedo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,
I am a moderately young diver from the south of France (near Marseille).
I am level 3 (CMAS 3*) + nitrox. I'm still thinking about becoming an instructor and/or dive guide.
My traditional setup is:
- 4mm neoprene drysuit or semi-dry 7mm
- wing Xdeep zen std
- 2 Legend regulators
- DIY LED lighting + Diverite CX2
- TG6 camera + SeaFrog housing
In addition to diving, I am very curious and interested in all technical questions (especially decompression phenomena).
Looking forward to reading and discussing with you.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. From your exposure protection suits, I take it you tend to dive rather cold water. Do you dive locally, or travel to dive? I don't see many trip reports from your area; if you post some it might be helpful to others. Just a thought.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. From your exposure protection suits, I take it you tend to dive rather cold water. Do you dive locally, or travel to dive? I don't see many trip reports from your area; if you post some it might be helpful to others. Just a thought.
Hi drrich2,
Yes I dive locally all year round.
Here in winter the water drops to 11°C and can rise to 24°C in summer.
We have a large number of dive sites and in particular some beautiful wrecks. Here is a map of some sites : PLONGER A MARSEILLE – Google My Maps
Of course, this does not prevent me from diving while traveling in more temperate waters :)

Hi and welcome on board, from a fellow country man.

You're diving in a nice area, been missing Cassis and the calanques for too long a time, but not the damned Mistral.

See ya.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom