New from Toronto in Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sross

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi there,

I like this intro idea the forum has. As the title says, I live in Toronto, where there's nowt but freshwater diving, but that's OK- cleaning your gear is a snap here, in fact the only thing you have to wash out is your wetsuit when it starts to get a little gross- or if you hit some mud on the bottom.

I'm not what you would call a "sport" diver- all of the diving I've done until recently has been work, and I never really thought of diving as a fun activity in my early years, so I won't have much to contribute yet about dive vacations or tropical diving, but I recently did a visit to Hawaii & went out with my son to look at the beautiful reef creatures there- and I can see how a person could get so they really enjoy that sort of thing!

In fact, i have to start looking into the dive travel & sport industry, particularly in Africa, so may be asking questions about that sort of thing.

Also, who would have believed it, but we've taken up the sport of freediving and are enjoying becoming breathholding geeks, with all of the technique and safety info you have to absorb to do it safely & well.

Look forward to seeing what people have to say here & wish everybody well.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom