New Generation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Baltimoron- Glad to hear of that motivation in your school. Excellent. Must admit that my teaching was done in private schools and a good public university. Many of the students were spoiled by their parents, given everything (except love in many cases) and didn't have such motivation. That does not mean they were bad kids, but they didn't have as much reason to succeed since they felt they were already there. A number of them became friends over the years (it was a small school and I wasn't that much older than many of them).

Appreciate knowing that there are those in your generation who have such motivation. I can only speak from my personal experience.

Dr. Bill

I think their struggle brings me to do better myself. Sure, I am no immediate need for money. I get what I want, and I am very thankful for what I have. Sometimes I feel that it would be a huge insult to them if I were to slack off. They keep me in check.

Also, in a way, my school is like a shelter. Other school I could have went to were private and very hoity-toity schools with reputations that preceeded them and such. Schools were EVERYBODY has LOADS of money, and there is much more pressure. Pressure to be cool, have good clothes, drink the most, smoke up the most... it goes on. I feel that in my school I have less pressure to add up, and I am very thankful for that.

How old were the guys who worked at Bell Labs in 1947 who invented the transistor??? Without that little thing the internet would never have been born...

I thought Al Gore invented the transistor (while still a babe in diapers).

Like the Will Rogers quote.

The sun is shining once again in soCal (well, at least during the day).

Dr. Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom