New Halcyon Rebreather?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PEDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Saw the post this morning on Halcyon's Instagram page. Looks like they are teasing a new rebreather design / product line. Just from the picture alone it looks like a chest-mount design (which, of course, wouldn't shock anyone given how many new chest-mount models have entered the market recently). Anyone seen this being tested in the wild? Is this just a play to capture market share or will this be a new design altogether from what we've seen from other manufacturers? Curious to see this thing unveiled with specs.

Attachments

• IMG_6347.jpg
    IMG_6347.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 278
Saw the post this morning on Halcyon's Instagram page. Looks like they are teasing a new rebreather design / product line. Just from the picture alone it looks like a chest-mount design (which, of course, wouldn't shock anyone given how many new chest-mount models have entered the market recently). Anyone seen this being tested in the wild? Is this just a play to capture market share or will this be a new design altogether from what we've seen from other manufacturers? Curious to see this thing unveiled with specs.
The company has been building their own ss sensors and working with KISS it looks like. They have a prototype chest mounted unit called the rhino with a wireless heads up. The owner’s previous companies have been bought up by bigger fish in the past presumably to acquire their tech so I’m hopeful that good things will come of this partnership AND make them relatively accessible to a U.S. market.

If you scroll down on their page you can see a chest mounted unit that looks just like the picture.

90% of Halcyon's work is sewing wings together.

And a chest mount breather is basically a big bag. A perfect fit for them.

Hopefully it isn't as ugly as the other 3.

90% of Halcyon's work is sewing wings together.

And a chest mount breather is basically a big bag. A perfect fit for them.

Hopefully it isn't as ugly as the other 3.
Warning, the above diver has no experience with CCR nor apparently much knowledge of Halcyon.

Makes sense now, thanks for sharing. Very interesting partnership. Everybody wants to get into the chestmount game now. I like the SS sensors but I'll keep my BM unit and upgrade to SS in the future.

Back
Top Bottom