new jersey wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue,

You mentioned shore-diving in Jersey. Do you know of a resource that has good spots to enter from. I've been on a couple of the dive boats over the last 2 years, but didn't even think to realize that there are probably some good spots to enter from the shoreline.

When you dive from the shore, what is it that you're diving to/on/around? I just wanna get wet bunches this summer and although Dutch is fun, I kinda like the adventure of diving in the ocean much more.

The only two Joisey boats that I've been on are the Diversion II and Miss Atlantic City. I was scheduled to dive on the Dina Dee, but we had a weather cancel as I stood on the dock, gear in hand. Mother Nature forced the cancellation and I agree with the decision as it wouldn't have been a fun day.

Dan Berg has a book on New Jersey shore diving. A new book just came out in November 2003 called "Shore Diving in New Jersey" by Tom Gormley and Ben Gualano.

Try Tom's website for info on the book. www.safescuba.com

wrekdiver2:
I have a story about Blackbeards, but I'll keep it to myself for now.
Okay Brian, now that I have lived through the Blackbeard's trip (yes, I barfed, but I loved the week, it was well worth it), time to bump this. What's your story?

And I just remembered, my day on the Dina Dee was under the competent supervision of Captain Tom.

SueMermaid:
Okay Brian, now that I have lived through the Blackbeard's trip (yes, I barfed, but I loved the week, it was well worth it), time to bump this. What's your story?

And I just remembered, my day on the Dina Dee was under the competent supervision of Captain Tom.

My story about Blackbeard's? A few years back I went on the Nekton Pilot and we had bad storms all week and didn't dive much because of the seas....we headed to Bimini for New Year's and so did both Blackbeard's boats to get out of the storm...We met up with them in the "end of the world bar" and they told us horror stories about being out in the rough seas and everybody (crew included) was ralphing and was having a miserable time...nobody on the anti-seasick nekton was the least bit sick...

If you come back out on with us (when I am on board, of course) and I'll take care of ya. I will strap you and your tanks to the rails so you don't fall down when you pass out.

If you come back out on with us (when I am on board, of course) and I'll take care of ya. I will strap you and your tanks to the rails so you don't fall down when you pass out.
It warms my heart to know you care so much. :D

SueMermaid:
It warms my heart to know you care so much. :D

Now if I can only figure out how to warm up the ocean!

ok... BEFORE you go on a dive, drink LOTS and LOTS of coffee...

and let nature take its course...

voila

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom