New line of computers from PPS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone have anything new to report of this thread? I am trying to decide on buying a Suunto D6i on clearance, or waiting until January to see the new stuff. Any thoughts?

I have heard from an active Aqua Lung dealer in So FL that the "new" Aqua Lung line looks like the old Oceanic/Hollis line. Not unexpected with the same OEM, PPS. I had higher expectations, especially with the demise of the VT4.1. Unless you really want the proprietary Suunto RGBM decompression algorithm, I would look elsewhere anyway. There are plenty of good deals out there.

It's possible that the new Aqua Lung computers will offer Buhlmann ZHL-16c with gradient factors (the Hollis TX1 has it) and will switch O2 monitoring from NOAA table with rolling 24 hour window to NOAA tables with 90 min O2 elimination half life (none have it), that might be worth looking at.

Last edited:
i think you need Aqualung to sort out there computers for a while stay with your brand for a bit! trust me!

Here is a link I found last night, lots of information here:

Instrumentation - Overview

My expectations were low, I'm not disappointed. Recycled PPS instruments with a new brand name. Biggest difference from Oceanic is loss of the dual algorithm. DSAT is not available, only PZ+. PZ+ is Buhlmann ZHL-16C based but details on implementation have never been disclosed. PZ+ is significantly more conservative than DSAT, I would estimate a surfacing GF of about 85 or so. The i750T looks like a VTX, the i450T something like an OCL/Atom 3.1, the i300 a Veo 2.0 and the i550 like the old Aeris Atmos AI. Detail links are not functional on the page so direct comparison will have to wait.

Well...probably an improvement over Suunto, but nothing startling here

The detail links were working last night but not today.

---------- Post added December 30th, 2015 at 12:01 PM ----------

All of the new systems are listed with descriptions on this website:

Wrist Top Computers & Compasses

It's nice that the one model tells you when you're on the SURFace. I might not have known otherwise...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom