New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Version 1.2.0 is up, with support for the d3, gekko, vytec, vyper, mosquito and cobra.

Unconfirmed with the D3 at the moment so if someone tries it, please let me know how you get on..

It should also support some third party cables/adapters now. Again, let me know if you have trouble with your setup and I'll take a look.

Next on the list is a couple of features people have been requesting.

Minor update which fixes a few small bugs and adds some new serial adapter support.

Usual deal - auto-updates if you have it installed already.

Noone got a D4 and feel like helping out ?

Minor update which fixes a few small bugs and adds some new serial adapter support.

Usual deal - auto-updates if you have it installed already.

Noone got a D4 and feel like helping out ?

very interesting work you got here...

i got a D4 just recently...still have tried diving with it...so i'll tinker with it a bit and get back to you :)

That would be great. A very kind soul donated a memory dump for us, so thankfully the D4 is now supported in my dev version which should be out next week sometime. I could still do with more data obviously, to make sure nothing else too major has changed (there are a few differences with it).

Got some cool new stuff that I'll hopefully get in this weekend for the next release.

Is there any chance you will support UWATEC Galileo soon ?

Please and Thank you

Richard (Riger)

i got a D4 just recently...still have tried diving with it...so i'll tinker with it a bit and get back to you :)

A memory dump from an "empty" D4 can also be useful for us.

Is there any chance you will support UWATEC Galileo soon ?

As you can read in this thread [1], we already have basic support for the UWATEC Galileo in the library (on Windows and Linux). But there is a problem to add support for the Mac, because none of us knows how to program the infrared communication layer on a Mac. So we'll need some help in that area. Once that issue is solved, t0w will be able to add support for the Uwatec Smart/Galileo dive computers to his application.

[1] http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...ed-testers-suunto-download-application-4.html

There is actually reasonably good sample code from apple for doing generic IRDa, but I don't have access to a device or infrared dongle so it makes testing anything difficult. As TNT says, once we can sort this out, adding support for the device is relatively straightforward.

I'm about to splurge on scubapro gear, so maybe my dive shop will lend me a uwatec to test with for a bit. You never know. :)

I don't suppose you'll be doing any work on the Cobra2 for Macs that don't have the Leopard? Kinda tough to upgrade on a college sallery that includes diving :fruit:

A few people have asked for Tiger support now..

Maybe. To be honest, it's not a priority. But it is a fairly common request, and I'm considering it.

For what it's worth, the download/transfer from the Cobra2 works perfectly fine in Tiger, it's just that I use Leopard-only features in the application itself.

It's that time again -

MacDive 1.3.0 is up. Adds support for the D4, UDCF import, manual dive creation, multiple edit/delete of dives, plus a few little improvements here and there. Fire it up and MacDive will update itself for you.

Let me know of any problems!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom