New App to export dive data from the Apple Watch Ultra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In case, you want to also export your Oceanic+ scuba dives as UDDF, you may use my just released App Dive Converter (iOS and macOS): ‎Dive Converter
I downloaded your app, but it wants me to log in to Oceanic+ with a username and password. However, I "Sign in with Apple", so I don't have a username and password for Oceanic+.

How do I use your app?

2023-03-19 05.33.07.png

I downloaded your app, but it wants me to log in to Oceanic+ with a username and password. However, I "Sign in with Apple", so I don't have a username and password for Oceanic+.

How do I use your app?
I filed a bug report with the author of Dive Converter on this issue. The bottom line is that if you created an account for Oceanic+ using "Sign in with Apple" then you cannot use Dive Converter to export your dives. Caveat Emptor.

Buadhi, I think you are confusing two different apps that are both mentioned in this thread. The first app exports data directly from the paired iphone while the second exports from Oceanic+. So the app you are using is doing what it is intended to do. You may want to try the first app. I'm not sure it will address your issue but it might.

Buadhi, I think you are confusing two different apps that are both mentioned in this thread. The first app exports data directly from the paired iphone while the second exports from Oceanic+. So the app you are using is doing what it is intended to do. You may want to try the first app. I'm not sure it will address your issue but it might.
Nope, the first app I used AWU2UDDF works fine to export data from HealthKit. But, the data is limited to what Oceanic+ shares with HealthKit: time, depth, temperature. Here's a sample of the UDDF data for one point in a dive:

Code:
          <waypoint>
            <depth>1.179</depth>
            <divetime>62.971</divetime>
            <temperature>301.2</temperature>
          </waypoint>

Note that the temperature is in degrees Kelvin.

The second app I tried, Dive Converter, exports data from the Oceanic+ app including, according to the author, some additional logbook information. I wanted to see how it works. Unfortunately, it doesn't work if you set up your Oceanic+ account using "Sign in with Apple". The Dive Converter app is unable to export data from Oceanic+. Here's the author's response to my bug report:

I've now looked into this a bit deeper: Sign in with Apple is bound to an app's
identifier which in our case is the one of the Oceanic+ app. As a result, I
cannot perform the Sign in with Apple from my app as my app's identifier is a
different one and I cannot bypass this e.g. by using Oceanic+ app's ID as Apple
does not have any means for such.

I fear that you have to create an Oceanic+ account with email/password instead
of Sign in with Apple.

Of course, if you create a new account with email/password, you are unable access existing dive info in the Oceanic+ app. You need to start all over.

Any news on App Store status? GitHub is looking quiet…

Any news on App Store status? GitHub is looking quiet…
It is under review for the App Store currently. I’ve been a bit swamped at my day job and have just gotten time to jump through the hoops to submit it for review. I should see results in the next day or two and it will be available on the App Store as soon as I pass the review.

I’ve had about 20 people using it through the Test Flight beta testing app and it seems to be working for everyone, but I have received some nice feature requests to add to my backlog for future versions after the initial release is on the App Store.

It is under review for the App Store currently. I’ve been a bit swamped at my day job and have just gotten time to jump through the hoops to submit it for review. I should see results in the next day or two and it will be available on the App Store as soon as I pass the review.

I’ve had about 20 people using it through the Test Flight beta testing app and it seems to be working for everyone, but I have received some nice feature requests to add to my backlog for future versions after the initial release is on the App Store.
Thanks! I'm not diving much lately, but still interested in this functionality going forward.

The app is now available on the App Store:

‎AWU2UDDF

My wife is giving me grief about my unoriginal naming choice, so it may get renamed on the next release. :D

Great to have this available. I don’t have dive data yet, but I gave the app 5 stars. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom