New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New update out, which adds support for the Shearwater Predator and a bunch of bug fixes. Enjoy!

Hey t0w, as always, great job on the app! Thank you for your work. I was wondering if there's a way to print a list of your dives the way it appear when the main window is in list view rather than the current option which is a complete dive log page for each dive.

I basically had to export all dives to CSV then format in numbers to finally print, but it would be great to have the ability to do so directly from the app.

Hi Nick,

What's the status of Macdive with OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion?

I checked the Macdive site, didn't see anything there.

And a related question, about ML's new Gatekeeper function:
Any plans to either make Macdive available through the Mac App Store (I'm guessing not), or at least sign the app with an Apple-recognized Developer ID, so that it's not necessary to use "Run Apps from Anywhere"?

Thanks.

I upgraded to Mountain Lion and MacDive seems to run fine, though I haven't tried to download a dive from my computer yet.

I upgraded to Mountain Lion and MacDive seems to run fine, though I haven't tried to download a dive from my computer yet.

I had no issues downloading dives to MacDive on Mountain Lion. I downloaded from my Shearwater no problem.

Hi Nick,

Any plans to either make Macdive available through the Mac App Store (I'm guessing not), or at least sign the app with an Apple-recognized Developer ID, so that it's not necessary to use "Run Apps from Anywhere"?

Thanks.

Minus a small display issue that will be fixed in the next version, it runs fine. It has been signed for a couple of versions now. The easiest way to check this is just download the free trial and give it a shot!

Hi Nick,

Thanks.

Sorry for the threadjack, but it's never necessary to use "Run Apps from anywhere". The default Gatekeeper setting for Mountain Lion is "Mac App Store and identified developers". But if you come across an application that you are sure you want to allow to run, Control-click or right-mouse-click its icon and chose Open, you'll get an option to allow that application to run in the future. Also, applications you've previously run on your Mac (before the Mountain Lion upgrade) will always work.

New version out (actually a couple since I last posted) - it includes a few new things, bug fixes, retina support, and the usual misc improvements.

New Features
Added support for the Shearwater Petrel.
Added retina manufacturer logos.
Added ability to delete tags from the Dive Inspector.
Added ability to double click the bar graphs under statistics to view their dives.
Added ability to print Certifications.
Added support for Weight field from Suunto Dive Manager logbooks.
Minor update to downloading from an Oceanic OCS.
General Statistics redesign.
Performance optimisations.

Bug Fixes
Fixed a crash when trying to create a new site in certain cases.
Fixed a few memory leaks.
Fixed issue reading surface interval from a VT4.
Fixed a bug changing dive date/time in certain cases.
Fixed flag poles on the maps to be anchored at the correct location.
Fixed issue printing special characters with certifications.
Fixed issue viewing dives via dives by depth bar graph in some cases.
Fixed a couple of crashes for users running Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6).
Fixed issue downloading from the Mares Icon HD.

Enjoy!

I've been a bit slack updating this thread, but there has been a few updates recently. A major one, and a couple of minor - including one I just published. Enjoy!

New Features
Added support for the Cressi Leonardo.
Added support for the Mares M2.
Added support for the Oceanic Pro Plus 3.
Added support for the Suunto DX.
Gas change icons are now created when reading Shearwater XML files.
CNS% is now recorded from most devices.

Bug Fixes
Fixed issue with max depth and temperatures being rounded incorrectly from Shearwater devices.Fixed issue syncing gear service dates from Dive Log.
Fixed sample rate issue on the Genesis React Pro.
Fixed issue reimporting old dives form LVD files instead of ignoring them (when importing Only New Dives).
Fixed issue merging dives where ndt and ppo2 would not be merged.
Fixed performance issue when typing notes on Snow Leopard.
Fixed some memory leaks.

---------- Post added April 30th, 2013 at 11:04 PM ----------

Hey t0w, as always, great job on the app! Thank you for your work. I was wondering if there's a way to print a list of your dives the way it appear when the main window is in list view rather than the current option which is a complete dive log page for each dive.

I basically had to export all dives to CSV then format in numbers to finally print, but it would be great to have the ability to do so directly from the app.

Not sure if you saw, but an update or two ago I added a more summary style print out of the dives. You can try it with File -> Print Summary. Does that help?

Not sure if you saw, but an update or two ago I added a more summary style print out of the dives. You can try it with File -> Print Summary. Does that help?

That's a step in the right direction, however I'm not sure the diver name in every page, specially that large is needed.
Maybe a (summary page 001 of XXX of diver name) small in the corner of the page is all you need.
It took 30 pages to print 268 dives. In a summary I'm looking to have more info in not so many pages.

Also, including the app url at the bottom of every page may be unnecessary and might save you some space in the summary layout.

Hopefully you find the feedback helpful, it's not a deal breaker for me as the app has so many great features and support for so many computers this is just a drop in the bucket as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks a lot for all your work!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom