New member from Sacramento

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey! I am in Sacramento as well. My wife and I are almost done with our eLearning through PADI and are looking to do our confined dives and move on to our OW certification. We have a bunch of gear already and I think we are going to be looking to get in the water pretty frequently and would love to have some dive friends and some suggestions. Super excited to get our feet wet.
Mind if I ask where you guys are going through for your certifications?

He haven't signed up yet for a class, we've only purchased the PADI eLearning package and we are about done with it. Ive visited a couple of dive shops that also do certification, and people were super polite at each one, but totally different vibes.

One seems bigger and has a ton of stuff on display, but they are an SSI facility and we already started PADI. And it felt more like a dive place that wants to sell you a really expensive gear setup. And that is totally fine and they were super helpful and answered all of my questions.

The other shop, quite a bit smaller, seemed more customer focused and run by a nice guy who likewise answered all of our questions and you could tell really lives the sport. Had a pretty chill mascot dog in the place too.

I would assume that tells you where I/we have been. We've also been lucky to either know a close friend with some near new gear that fit my wife or find some pretty nice, good quality used gear for myself from a really cool guy who is getting out of the sport and had recently bought new gear.

We will be looking to service some gear and tanks, or at least have them checked out, so we would be looking for a shop for that.

Hopefully that helps

He haven't signed up yet for a class, we've only purchased the PADI eLearning package and we are about done with it. Ive visited a couple of dive shops that also do certification, and people were super polite at each one, but totally different vibes.

One seems bigger and has a ton of stuff on display, but they are an SSI facility and we already started PADI. And it felt more like a dive place that wants to sell you a really expensive gear setup. And that is totally fine and they were super helpful and answered all of my questions.

The other shop, quite a bit smaller, seemed more customer focused and run by a nice guy who likewise answered all of our questions and you could tell really lives the sport. Had a pretty chill mascot dog in the place too.

I would assume that tells you where I/we have been. We've also been lucky to either know a close friend with some near new gear that fit my wife or find some pretty nice, good quality used gear for myself from a really cool guy who is getting out of the sport and had recently bought new gear.

We will be looking to service some gear and tanks, or at least have them checked out, so we would be looking for a shop for that.

Hopefully that helps
Sounds good and I know of both shops you reference. I teach for the 3rd shop in the area (in Granite Bay) and can say without question, we are the best of the three. PADI 5 star shop and we have gear techs who are great at what they do on hand, a Course Director on site as well as collection of great instructors and Divemasters.

If you want anything further, shoot me a message and I'll help you out and I'll get you on my text listing for diving locally. Always looking forward to making my dive tribe bigger!

Sounds good and I know of both shops you reference. I teach for the 3rd shop in the area (in Granite Bay) and can say without question, we are the best of the three. PADI 5 star shop and we have gear techs who are great at what they do on hand, a Course Director on site as well as collection of great instructors and Divemasters.

If you want anything further, shoot me a message and I'll help you out and I'll get you on my text listing for diving locally. Always looking forward to making my dive tribe bigger!
Hey,
We ended up going with the shop off Madison to sign up for our class which we are taking in June. We just grabbed a bunch of gear though that will need some service. Granite Bay is such a haul for us though, which is probably why we haven't made it out there, but I feel like I should have now. I like people who are active in the forum community having been an active forum member in other sports in the past. I would say that my wife and I keep our group pretty small and are pretty chill people that are pretty sober if that tells you anything. Anyway, message inbound

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom