New model B2 Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THRASH

Contributor
Reaction score
So this might be old news, but I hadn't heard it. I was on scuba dot com just shopping around. I clicked on the Atomic Aquatics B2 since the wife and I were considering this regulator as our Christmas presents. On that site there is an "Ask the Expert" section. Here is what it says:

Bambang:
Hi there, does anyone know about the new atomic B2 regulator ? Is it already in the market with the yoke version. Tq

Darrick (Certified Scuba Instructor at Scuba.com):
Hello Bambang, the new version will not be out on the market till 2/15/2015. We have not gotten any word on the date yet.

That ^ is between a customer and the sales staff.

Then I wrote this following question trying to get more info:

Chris:
I am curious, what "new B2" Atomic Aquatics regulator is being referred to on the question posted under the B2 reg section? The answer mentions a new one 2-15-15. Is it a design change? Please elaborate as I will be in the market for one around that time. Thanks.

Darrick (Certified Scuba Instructor at Scuba.com):
Hello Chris, Atomic have not sent us the specs of the new version yet.

As you can see I didn't get much of a response as expected. Does anyone know what differences the new B2 will have? I would hate to get one for Christmas not planning to dive it until March-April anyways and a newer/better version come out in February as stated in the sales staff's response. If a new model B2 is for sure coming out (and based on the above it likely is) then I will definitely wait until February to pick a couple up.

With all that being said, I have a few additional questions. Can someone explain to me the differences between the T3, B2, and ST1? For instance is the only difference between the T3 and B2 titanium and stainless steel? Do they breathe the exact same and have the same mechanics if you will? Where does the ST1 fit in?

Thanks ahead of time!

P.S. I'd like to point out, in the initial answer by the sales rep, he mentions a release date of 2-15-15, but then says "we have not gotten any word on the date yet." Makes no sense to me.

Figure that AA will have something for DEMA in early November. As for what it looks like my guess would be to look at the Z3 which got an upgrade that was more cosmetic than functional.

As for the difference between regs. Functionally there is very little difference between any of them (i.e. they all breath the same). The main difference is in the materials.

Hi Thrash

Just to clarify: We do not have a newly designed B2 coming out in February....We have contacted Scuba.com to make sure they are aware of this and to avoid any confusion in the future. I apologize for any misinformation you may have received. In regards to DEMA, we have not designed any new regulators this year. We have focused our energy on other aspects of Atomic...This is all I can really say about the show but I can assure you that we don't have a new reg!

For the differences in our regulators: The performance is consistent across the board! All of our regulators breath the same. The differences simply lie in the alloy used. For example: Our T3 is made of Titanium, our ST1 is made from 310 Stainless Steel, our B2 is a plated Brass as well as our Z2 and Z3. There are some feature and benefit differences when you get down to the Z2/Z3/B2 that you may want to research, i.e. a swivel hose or 5 port LP versus a 7 port LP. But, performance is the same no matter where your price point lies.

Thank you to everyone that has posted!

Ryan Kenney
Atomic Aquatics/Huish Outdoors

Back
Top Bottom