New Nikons?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whoop There it is:
Nikon | News | COOLPIX P6000
Specs:
13.5 effective megapixels for high-resolution images
4x Zoom-NIKKOR lens with 28mm wide-angle capability
2.7-inch high-resolution wide-viewing angle LCD monitor with anti-reflection coating
External flash and wide-angle converter lens options
RAW file format support*1
Optical lens shift VR image stabilization
Wired LAN connectivity, my Picturetown
Built-in GPS (Global Positioning System) unit records the location (latitude and longitude) of shots as “geotags”
High-Sensitivity up to ISO 6400*2
COOLPIX Picture Control for improved finishing flexibility
Optical viewfinder
High-quality materials and finish with magnesium alloy front panel
Manual focus
Wireless Remote Control ML-L3 for wireless shutter release
Distortion Control
Exposure Modes (P/S/A/M)
Three Unique Nikon Image Innovations for high performance – Face-priority AF, In-Camera Red-Eye Fix and D-Lighting

*1 The RAW file format for Nikon COOLPIX cameras is compatible with Microsoft's Windows Image Component (WIC) codec, allowing images shot in RAW format to be opened and edited in ViewNX (Windows version only), or in other applications that support WIC.
*2 ISO 3200 and 6400 are available only for image sizes of 3M (2048 x 1536) or smaller.

Last edited:
They actually released several new cameras/updated models. These new offerings look much improved. Hopefully performance issues have been addressed as well. Several of the news ones look like they will be good uw cameras.

Fantasea is working on having a housing out for the new P6000 as soon as possible.

Jack

This type of camera along with the new Oly news for micro 4/3 systems is beginning to realize the digital promise. Pro level cameras like this are sorely needed between huge, complicated dSLRs and the toy P&S.

If there are decent housings that allow the camera to utilize ultra wide and wide angle and macro lenses I will buy one. I am excited by this camera, big enough to hold in your hand, hopefully more natural controls, still smaller than a bulky dSLR.

They need to get rid of on/off buttons. You should be able to see a UFO, reach for your camera and push the shutter button and take the picture. I cannot wait five minutes for the cameras to wake up, greet me, have some coffee, ask me how my day is, remind me of a buisness meeting, do a self diagnostic check, sell me some shoes and then finally come up for operation. Heck, the UFO is gone. My Nikon FM and Leica film cameras would have already fired off full 36 exposure rolls and I would be reloading before all the buttons on a dSLR could be located and the camera turned on. I don't need 5,000 bad images, just the one good one.

N

Back
Top Bottom