New NJ diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

becca06

Reaction score
Hi Y'all!
My name is Rebecca and I am just about to complete my open water training. I am so excited! I got hooked on diving through some introductory dives in the Red Sea (Israel) last spring. I hope to get back there later this year to see what it's like when I can actually dive! It would be great to meet some people who have experience diving in the tri-state area.
Cheers,
Rebecca

Welcome to :sblogo:...Rebecca
:wave-smil :wave-smil
:chicken:

Becca,

Welcome to the board. This is a great place to get advise and continue to learn the art of diving. I am sure that you will find some really great people in the Jersey area to practice with. Dive season is almost over up here, but there is always Florida and the Caribbean.

Best of luck in your adventures.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
MM1 :14:

Rebecca,

Welcome from a fellow NJ Diver!

Hopefully we'll see you out on one of the boats next spring. Where in NJ are you? What shop do you dive/train with?

Best regards - Ray

Hi, I'm from Paramus (Bergen County) .. Congratulations... I dive with Blue Water out of Ramsey (and they have another shop in Rochelle Park). I have only done two Jersey Shore trips so far.. but hope to get a bunch in next year...
I'm in cozumel this week.. (not to make everyone jealous :) )

Anyway, not sure if you are up North or if you are in South Jersey, but if you are in Bergen County... Blue Water has trips all the time on Saturdays and or Sundays .. and they do a great intro to wrecks program where you go one on one with a dive master on your first dives. Even if you had been doing significant diving before this is great because Jersey diving is very different than warm water diving. I think they go out on Wednesdays, but not shop organized trips

Their site is www.bluewaterdivers.com --- I like working with Barry in the Ramsey store because he's great with new divers and has great stories... In the Rochelle Park Store I work with Mike Kneuer - he certified me and was fantastic. One of the calmest and most personable people I've ever met... couldn't have had a better instructor - I also did my advanced open water with him.

Sorry to sound like an advertisement, but I'm one of those people who loves my local dive shop.

Shoot me a PM if you are around this area and want to hook up for some dives..

welcome to SB Rebecca...:)...I'm in North Central PA and I dive all year up here, drop me a PM if you would like to dive in PA

Howdy and welcome to SB!

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Click the link in my Sig below to PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Welcome to the boards. I do alot of Dutch Spring dives and alot out of Point Pleasant also.

Welcome to the scubaboard, nice to see you here! Glad you finally took the plunge, welcome to our wonderful underwater world.

C U underwater, :snorkel:
ScubaDivaDivemaster

I am training with a PADI instructer through Rutgers. I'll be doing my open water dives at Dutch Springs. I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom