New Oceanic OC1 Dive Computer Now Shipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug:

I got my replacement OC1 a week before Cozumel trip. But unfortunately, the replacement OC1 still shows the lowest temperature as 00 in log for first dive in a sequence. Attached are the pictures. Dive 1 is the first dive at Cozumel, then Dive 2 and Dive 3 were recorded for a PADI speciality class I took after a day of rest.

My dealer already called Oceanic and Oceanic is going to send another replacement. While I am very grateful to know Oceanic really stands behind their products, I am also wondering if the problem will be fixed on second replacement or not.

Did Oceanic tech department found out what is wrong with the first OC1 I sent back? Or could it be my user error? I did not change any settings on replacement OC1 and the only thing I can think of is since the wet activation is on, I did not manually turn to dive mode before jumping into water. My Pro Plus 2 is setup and used in the same way but it displays lowest temperature of first dive fine.

While this is not a big problem, it is nice to see it got fixed.

Thanks.

We've been evaluating your first unit - and I've passed on this post and your images... I understand that when first received, we confirmed the 00 reading on your watch, then took it on a chamber dive, where we found that the unit was recording accurate temp on the first dive... I'm waiting to hear back from engineering - if you'd like another replacement, we'd be happy to do so... but until we better understand what's happening, I can't guarantee that you won't trigger this again. If you don't mind - would you PM your contact info - our guys may want to get a little more information from you, and email or phone may be easier for them.

I have just purchased the OC1, unfortunately it died after 2 dives, has gone back to Oceanic! However I did get a replacement from the dealer, have had 3 dives so far, it seems ok. I am having a problem downloading to Oceanlog, follow instructions and get a handskake message, and then timeout! Any ideas to fix this?

I am having a problem downloading to Oceanlog, follow instructions and get a handskake message, and then timeout! Any ideas to fix this?
I am having the same problem with an Atom 2.0, so I would be interested to find out what the problem might be. My laptop uses Windows Vista....

I have just purchased the OC1, unfortunately it died after 2 dives, has gone back to Oceanic! However I did get a replacement from the dealer, have had 3 dives so far, it seems ok. I am having a problem downloading to Oceanlog, follow instructions and get a handskake message, and then timeout! Any ideas to fix this?

'Timeout' typically means that you do not have a connection between the OC1 and the cable - confirm that you've aligned it properly, there's no debris or anything that would prevent a connection and give it another try. If you continue to get the same result, give our tech support guys a call - they'll be able to help from there.

Hi Doug - will the Mac version work with the VT3 also, when it comes out?

I received my new OC1 yesterday. I had been using an Atom 1.0 and have had many dives cut short because of loss of tank pressure indication. I check to make sure the pressure was working and then but it away for the day.... I tried it today and no dice. It seems locked up and removing the battery and resetting it won't work. I can't perform the compass calibration and I can't get into any of the menus. I was able to do all of this yesterday so I don’t believe it is operator error. Any ideas. When I press menu the backlight turns on and I don’t remember it doing that yesterday.

How did you get the battery out? When the battery needed replacing on mine last month, Oceanic said it had to go back to the factory and that the dive shop couldn't do it. It took almost a month to get it back and I'd rather not go through that again.

See the OC1 manual, pages 162 through 165. I would be a really nice guy and paste the instructions here, but the manual file security does not allow for copying. The manual is available online from the Oceanic website.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom