New Old Regulators for new diver.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would love to buy a new setup to get going. It may come to that. The issue is that I have to buy 2. One for me and one for the Mrs. It adds up very quickly.
Oh yeah, don't I know it. The Mrs. and I went with Deep6 regs.

Thank you for the thorough reply. I am learning a lot. I would love to buy a new setup to get going. It may come to that. The issue is that I have to buy 2. One for me and one for the Mrs. It adds up very quickly.
The G250 has something of a cult status as does the Mark 10. You might find a new Deep Six/DGX might be competitive in price.

A G250 from Simon is also a good route to the best second stage ever :wink:.

Contrary to common opinion that one needs a Mercedes to get groceries when a Camery is more reliable and equally capable of getting to the grocery store. The scuba corollary would be a set of G250s from Simon and a brand new Scubapro Mark 2 Evo unbalanced first stage. Dirt simple, possibly the most reliable first stage ever made and completely adequate when coupled with a balanced second stage like a G250 for sport diving. My last 110 dives have been on exactly that and with several dives below 100 feet and one to nearly 150 feet. The only reason a Mark 2 even has a service interval is to satisfy the legal department. I bought one in Bonaire at the SP dealer there for $200 but alas, everything cost more in the USA dealer network. Like pharmaceuticals, we in North America pay more for the same.

Any suggestions of European suppliers?
I like GIDiveStore in Spain because I live in Morocco and I use their physical store as my ā€œLDSā€ when I go to Spain for a weekend.

There are quite a few others but Iā€™ve only browsed, not bought.

A G250 is an excellent reg but it reminds me of an old Land Rover with the spare tire on the hood, hard to see around. :wink:
Which is one of the reasons I like my Mares Proton metal seconds. But they are simple downstream seconds, so not a good match with an unbalanced first stage like the Mk 2.

The G250 has something of a cult status as does the Mark 10. You might find a new Deep Six/DGX might be competitive in price.

A G250 from Simon is also a good route to the best second stage ever :wink:.

Contrary to common opinion that one needs a Mercedes to get groceries when a Camery is more reliable and equally capable of getting to the grocery store. The scuba corollary would be a set of G250s from Simon and a brand new Scubapro Mark 2 Evo unbalanced first stage. Dirt simple, possibly the most reliable first stage ever made and completely adequate when coupled with a balanced second stage like a G250 for sport diving. My last 110 dives have been on exactly that and with several dives below 100 feet and one to nearly 150 feet. The only reason a Mark 2 even has a service interval is to satisfy the legal department. I bought one in Bonaire at the SP dealer there for $200 but alas, everything cost more in the USA dealer network. Like pharmaceuticals, we in North America pay more for the same.
Are a MK2 and a MK2 EVO the same regs?

Are a MK2 and a MK2 EVO the same regs?
One is tossed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Hold on that's the Mk2 EVOO. The Mk2 EVO has some coatings on internal parts that it supposed to reduce the likelihood of a freeze-up in very cold water, an updated yoke knob, and a replaceable volcano orifice.

I purchased 2 MK10s from @Wiznutaggie
Now I need the downstream bits.
Iā€™m on the lookout for the older SP 2nds and some of the others mentioned in this thread.
I have about 10 of the mk10ā€™s now. Great 1stā€™s. I had one (when certified in ā€˜93), then bought the same for my boys, then bought spares, then some for the pony bottles. I have mostly G200b seconds. I service them all myself but I think the LDS will still service them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom