New PADI diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SugarFox03

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone! I finished my PADI open water diver certification today. I am so excited about this new world of opportunities that has opened for me. I have always loved the ocean - lived next to it my whole life, grew up fishing, snorkeling, boating, etc...I finally bit the bullet and got certified. I finished my last dive today by spotting a 6-7' Caribbean reef shark - just amazing! I am fascinated by sharks, but everyone freaked out when I told them how close they were to a shark and didn't know about (no one else saw it but me) I was pretty excited about the whole thing. I'm also the crazy one who grabbed a 5' nurse sharks tail and swam with it a few summers ago in the Keys.

Anyway, I plan on continuing my dive education by doing the Advanced Open Water Class as well as Nitrox sometime this summer. I'd love to do some shark dives in the Bahamas since it's not too far away.

I guess I just wanted to introduce myself - I better get to that. I'm Melody, 23 yrs old and lived in Palm Beach County, FL my whole life. I have been on ONE open water dive as a certified diver, so you could say I'm pretty new. :D

I hope to learn somethings here to help make myself a better diver. I'll be out on the local reefs most weekends now, so if anyone in the area wants to join, lemme know!

Welcome to the club Melody!

Irene (Fellow chick diver)

welcome to scubaboard

Hi Sugarfox, welcome to the board and to the world of diving. I too live in PB county and have been diving here for 20 years. I'm sure my opinion is biased, but I think from Boynton to Jupiter is the best damn diving to be had in the continental U.S. ! Here is a lint to the FLorida Conch Divers Forum on this board. You'll get lots of good local info there: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/. What part of the county do you live in?

Hi Melody. Welcome. I wish you success and a great future in diving wherever you decide to take it. You have certainly taken a step in the right direction by joining up here. Enjoy!

Welcome to SB. I wish I lived in South Florida again so I could join you!

Welcome Melody: Your enthusiasm is justly deserved. One recommendation, continue to learn, the more you learn, the more you will dive, the more you dive the more you will want to learn. At the minimum, go to Rescue Diver. I started like you with no idea in the world I would become an insturctor, now I teach both SDI and PADI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom