New Scuba Diver To Be

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Goddard:
Just a quick note to let eveyone know...showing herself to be as patient as her parents, Audrey Marie Goddard was born 5 weeks early at 7:48 PM CT! Mama and baby are doing fine...it still hasn't sunk in yet for dad.

5lbs, 5oz. I don't have pictures yet, only video, but I'll get a picture up in the next day or so.

James
Woooohoooo! Congrats!! :D

Well, it looks like little girl might have an infection. Since it takes 48 hours to grow the culture, we won't know until late Monday afternoon. So she's in for at least an extra day, possibly 7 :(.

Otherwise things are great. Here is a picture as promised, note how "big" her head is compared to my hand....

P.S. You can't tell from the picture, but that's a ScubaBoard T-Shirt Dad is wearing :D.

I'll have her in my thoughts tonight and every night there of until we hear how things fair! Take many pictures my friend.. she'll grow very rapidly :)

Awwwhhhh, so peaceful...

CBulla:
I'll have her in my thoughts tonight and every night there of until we hear how things fair! Take many pictures my friend.. she'll grow very rapidly :)
Actually, she's looking great now that she's on antibiotics. My gut feeling (or maybe whishfull thinking) is that antibiotics don't start helping that fast. I kinda figure there was just too much handling for someone that premature and now that she's being treated with more kid gloves she's much happier. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she get's to come home Monday instead of next weekend. I really don't want to have to see my postpartum wife have to come home alone!

So one thing I've learned so far is that we humans may be awfully close geneticly to chamelions. She can go from a nice healty looking pink to bright red within two cries :)

James

So, she doesn't have an infection but she's still not coming home yet.

Yesterday when I was feeding her a nurse noticed her turning blue. She took her to the nursury and she pinked up right away, but combined with her lack of energey they decided to test for infection. Both symptoms could just be typical preemie symptoms, but could also be a sign of infection. The 1 hour test was "suspicious" so they ordered a culture. They've pretty much decided by now no beasties are growing in the culture, but when they took her off the IV and wen't back to regular feeding, she blued up again.

Turns out that she can't handle eating a breathing at the same time. Pretty typical for a preemie, who would not normally be eating at this stage of development. So until she learns to eat and breath, she has to stay close by to the O2. (I'm guessing a DAN kit won't cut it :wink: ). She's doing better with each feeding and the current guess is that she'll get to come home Tuesday. The thought of somthing happening at home with no one to help is pretty scarry so I don't want them to rush it!

So she's nice and healty, she just has to learn to do something that would have come naturally if she hadn't been in such a rush to see me :D.

James

She's beautiful, James! I'll keep her in my prayers.

James,

My sincere congratulations on the new addition to the family...you have many, many very special years ahead of you. My version of daddy's little girl is about to turn the ripe old age of 6...abiet a very precocious 6, at least in my wife's opinion and my opinion ranges from the prettiest, sweetest thing the good lord every placed on this Earth to undeniably satan's spawn, I still wouldn't take $1,000,000,000 for her, or give a plug nickle for another one just like her. :07:

We will keep you and the family, especially little Audry in our prayers, until you give the "ok" sign...Im sure all will be well, they are very resilient little things, you'd be amazed what they can overcome...trust me, you will be amazed.

Again, Congratulations James! :wink:

She's beautiful and perfect! Congrats to all.
:hb2:

:balloon

PS. Yes, I could tell that was a SB T shirt! Now we need baby sizes!

Back
Top Bottom