New Seacraft Go! DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. Dive-X specs for the BlackTip are 123 minutes at cruising speed, with 2 x 12Ah.

Current specs posted for the Go! are 220 minutes at cruising speed.

I can only add that my personal experience with the BlackTip is that it goes much longer than 123 minutes, but am not able to put a specific number on it.

The Go! has 150 W-Hr more battery capacity onboard (432 versus 582), so I would certainly hope it would give a much longer burntime.

I've had the same experience - with smaller batteries, even.

I have one set of Dewalt 10aH batteries that I did a 112 minute dive on the SS Copenhagen in the Atlantic off Fort Lauderdale with last year - and on the return trip, that included towing my buddy back (also diving sidemount with two 85's and a DPV) to shore for the last 500 yards or so after his 9aH batteries died. I forget how many passes we made up and down the wreck site, but put in behind the SeaWatch on The Ocean restaurant and scootered out and back. I still had either one or two bars left of battery life on the packs when I took them out after we hosed everything down at our hotel.

Seacraft GO battery life:

Our regular dive profile is ~60-70 minutes and distances of something like 1-1.5km. With the GO we were capable of doing 3-4 dives in a weekend without charging and left with 3-4 out of 9 led battery indicators.

In the summer we extend time to 90-120 minutes, so still need to see how that goes with the GO's batteries.

In other words, after ~3.5hours (most of the time at medium speed) and something like ~5-6km (not sure about the range since we did several rounds of back and forth with the dpvs) we were left with about a 1/3 of the battery. Not bad, especially since I am too lazy to charge the things overnight, so I prefer to have sufficient juice for the weekend. However, this is an average of only three weekends we managed to do with them so far.

The biggest plus is of course that it can be externally charged without opening the nose cone. I have flooded enough cameras to know that messing with o-rings is just a matter of "when" until some sand grain or something gets the thing flooded. I always prefer to meddle as less as possible with o-ring sealings.

Another advantage, at least for us: we were frog kicking long distances anyways, but now are far less tired and getting out of the water with much more reserve gas, so a small compact and *NOT* heavy DPV for a weekend's diving without charging is a game changer. We just place them in the car trunk on top of the gear, or behind the driver's seat and go diving.

^ Yeah, but are they available? I called every dealer I could find and no one could tell me when I'd get a scooter if I put a deposit right away. The best response was "4-5 months out."

That's the time estimate I got from the mfg too.
Where you able to get '23 price? I was too late, so '24 price and the unknown waiting period and the revised depth rating diminish the deal value...

I had mine since December, about 50 dives with CCR ranging from 70 to 80 mins. Agree with the comments regarding the battery duration, easy to get 4hrs and still 1/3 of battery left. Using low speeds (2-3 out of 8) the battery life increases significantly.

Adding to that, the unit loses very less power when is charged and you remove the power jumper. I left it unused for a month, with about 75% charge and when I took it back it was holding almost the same battery charge.

Another plus is the size... Since is that small and light, you can take it in a regular single tank dive with non-dpv divers, use it at speed 1 and hang out there without worrying about currents, gas, finning, etc...

Back
Top Bottom