New Seacraft Go! DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any updates regardign the Seacraft Go shipping dates? I see them in every dive show but none have reached any end customer ...
I was lucky and managed to get mine in march. Apparently they are having issues with parts. My LDS said they have a backlog of orders and seacraft have promised 3 more units in July and no more till Q 4 this year 🤯

Any updates regardign the Seacraft Go shipping dates? I see them in every dive show but none have reached any end customer ...
All units ordered after April 2023 will be delivered in 2024. So unplanned manufacturing complications and supplier issues pushed back significantly the deliveries unfortunately.

Dealers & distributors are maintaining a waitlist, often with a small refundable deposit. Strongly encourage you to get in touch. If you live in the US, I'll be happy to work & chat with you :wink:

Thanks for your updates. I've spoken to the distributor here in Hong Kong and he told me there was a delay on the delivery, but not a specific date. I just wanted to know the situation in other places.

I placed my order early March, so I hope it will arrive this summer...

i am basically looking for a compact, somewhat economic DPV that isn't likely to let me down on a relatively passive dive site. I am older and a reliable, reasonable DPV would sure help get around the dive site with ease. ...no longer into the strenous dives I used to do 20-30 years ago....just want to 'take-in' the scenery. in my 'easy years'.... below the surface is a most intriguing place, I believe you will agree.
giantfroginthepool
Scott G. Bonser

Blacktip. Cheap. Works.
Seacraft. Not so cheap. Works.
Blacktip. Cheap. Works.
Seacraft. Not so cheap. Nearly twice the range. Faster. Lighter and smaller. Twice the depth rating. Works.

Fixed it for you :wink:

Jokes aside, I doubt this will steer many customers away from the Blacktip.
It is a fair bit more expensive and that will probably make it uninteresting for the majority of people who are curious about getting a DPV.
Also the Dewalt battery solution is absolutely genius.

I thought the Blacktip had 2h with the 12Ah batteries; 1.5h with the half-the-price 9Ah batteries.

The only thing I can say is that I've got a Blacktip as the price really is important; SWMBO bought it for me as a Christmas present! Wouldn't have got away with that if it was double that price.

Also, the Seacraft is gorgeous in comparison. But that's what you're paying for.

I thought the Blacktip had 2h with the 12Ah batteries; 1.5h with the half-the-price 9Ah batteries.

The only thing I can say is that I've got a Blacktip as the price really is important; SWMBO bought it for me as a Christmas present! Wouldn't have got away with that if it was double that price.

Also, the Seacraft is gorgeous in comparison. But that's what you're paying for.

Yes. Dive-X specs for the BlackTip are 123 minutes at cruising speed, with 2 x 12Ah.

Current specs posted for the Go! are 220 minutes at cruising speed.

I can only add that my personal experience with the BlackTip is that it goes much longer than 123 minutes, but am not able to put a specific number on it.

The Go! has 150 W-Hr more battery capacity onboard (432 versus 582), so I would certainly hope it would give a much longer burntime.

Yes. Dive-X specs for the BlackTip are 123 minutes at cruising speed, with 2 x 12Ah.

Current specs posted for the Go! are 220 minutes at cruising speed.

I can only add that my personal experience with the BlackTip is that it goes much longer than 123 minutes, but am not able to put a specific number on it.

The Go! has 150 W-Hr more battery capacity onboard (432 versus 582), so I would certainly hope it would give a much longer burntime.
More like the double-tube Blacktip Expedition with 4 x 12Ah batteries; ~240 mins

Anyway, where duration and reliability become an overriding requirement, money ceases to be the overriding constraint.
Duration | Quality | Low cost –– pick any two.

Blacktip: available today
Seacraft: available in 6 months, maybe, and only paying for it now.

Back
Top Bottom