New Seacraft Go! DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ask from my ignorance.
Do you like Suex or Seacraft more?
Specifically the suex VRX and the Seacraft GO.
Which gives you more confidence or which is a safer investment in the long term?
I ask because the difference between the two machines is about 1000 euros.

Well, as I continue investigating, I have asked some acquaintances who dive with dpv.
One of them told me that he would choose the Black tip. He has dived a lot this summer with it and says that the price-quality ratio is unbeatable.
Then I would go for a suex. Since he says that the Seacraft is expensive.
This speaking of Europe, here the Genesis does not arrive or is not seen.
In addition, I think it is also expensive for what I am looking for.

I think you're in the wrong thread for your wants/needs. Scubajet is a toy, not a DPV. I hope you never have to rely on it, especially if current is a factor.
Hey Boriss, I do appreciate the input. I see these ‘things’ advertised. The price was enticing, but after reading the disclaimers and other questionable ‘specs’ , my thought was to get some feedback from others who actually ‘use’ DPVs. ….sorry? (Not) I am an older diver with limitations looking for an efficient way to cover the dive site without worry about a breakdown or other malfunction to leave me stranded. I also like to dive the ‘vintage’ stuff. ( Not for everyone…started that practice for photography In ‘82 ). No, I will most likely not penetrate a wreck or do any more cave diving but I DO want a reliable, lightweight, DPV That won’t leave me ‘thumbing a ride’ from non-diverfriendly sources. BTW, any suggestions w/o going ‘hog-wild’??
SGB
giantfroginthepool

@TheScubaPanda
Hello Jonathan, thank you for the information.
What is the expected lifetime of the batteries, before they need to be replaced?
Just trying to get a sense of the ownership costs....

As replied to you by email:
The battery “lifetime” in a Seacraft scooter is estimated at approx. 300-400 cycles and a period of 3-4 years. After that period, the battery will continue to work, however its capacity may be reduced due to natural battery capacity decrease. To check precisely the condition of your battery, contact your closest service point.

It's pretty much more that anyone will realistically dive in this period, however in the unlikely scenario where you will outrun these and get limited my a decreased range, you can always contact any seacraft dealers to purchase a new battery pack.

Saw a Seacraft Go at the UK's dive show.

Wow, what a great machine. Love that magnetic propeller which means no shaft seal. Really impressed with the quality. Really solid.

But... It's more than twice the price of a Blacktip and batteries are 3 times the price.

I have a Blacktip, but I would never be able to get the budgetary approval from SWMBO for something at twice the price.

Thus a Blacktip in the garage is worth 10 Seacraft Go's in the shop.

Back
Top Bottom