New Seacraft Go! DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the Go had more thrust than the BT, this would be a very different analysis. But, the BT has 57#.
The 7-minute BOOST mode thrust on the BT is specced at 57 lbs (253.5 N). Given the boost speed is 13% more than the continuous and drag goes as the square of the speed, I'd ballpark the BT continuous thrust at 44 lb (197 N).

If the above is all correct, that puts the GO continuous thrust around 32% higher than that of the BT.

at $4000 vs $2500
I think I'd pay an extra $1500 just for the plug-in charging of the GO. Alas, I have neither, so I'm loving this thread and the comparative comments by others more knowledgeable than myself.

I am also waiting for the opinions of the expert users of these devices.
I want to buy one for my dives. Until now it was clear to me that I wanted the blacktip, for all the advantages it has, in terms of price and batteries.
But the release of this new device from seacraft makes me doubt.
I will read you with great interest.

The blacktip is a pos that is marginal for what people are using them for. I have no doubt the GO will be better in every way. But will it be 2x the price better?

Coming from someone who's used the bt on 5k ft cave dives and at 300ft multiple times....

Look at that extra power of the Go. The amazing magnetic prop. The superb lines. The paint job.

I walk past a Go in the shop window every day and don't regret the Blacktip. With 8 speeds; I rarely go above 5th speed.

Oh, and I bought an amazing DeWalt drill for £50/$60 which works with the Blacktip batteries.

Look at that extra power of the Go. The amazing magnetic prop. The superb lines. The paint job.

I walk past a Go in the shop window every day and don't regret the Blacktip. With 8 speeds; I rarely go above 5th speed.

Oh, and I bought an amazing DeWalt drill for £50/$60 which works with the Blacktip batteries.

Which is good, because they overheat on spd 6 after 15-20min🤣

Just been informed by my LDC that the Seacraft GO will be available for pre order from 10th Jan with cost to follow shortly.

I'm interested to see what the final cost will be. Seacraft have put the RRP at €3500 however I've already seen some online stores in Europe putting it up for €4200.

Does anyone else have a price yet from their Seacraft dealer?

In Spain in an online store it is at a price of €4235.
I have written to the distributor in the country to tell me the price and launch date. Since the product does not appear on its website yet.
I am between this and the blacktip tech or exploration I am pending the opinions of the expert users of this forum.
The truth is that there is a notable difference in price between the blacktip and the seacraft. The question is whether that price difference is worth it.

Seacraft have put the RRP at €3500 however I've already seen some online stores in Europe putting it up for €4200.
Does that include VAT? In Europe prices typically include VAT -- sales tax -- of around 20%, varies slightly by country.

Back
Top Bottom