New Shearwater Dive Computer - 2024!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
WOW, they went and did it again! Checkout the newest from Shearwater, the Peregrine TX, or PTX! Their newest Air integrated computer with a digital compass!

Yeah, I'm going to have to really consider this. The only thing I'm sort of hesitant about is the rechargeable battery. I think I'd rather have the replaceable AA battery like the Perdix has.

Someone let me know if my hesitancy on that is warranted or not.

Yeah, I'm going to have to really consider this. The only thing I'm sort of hesitant about is the rechargeable battery. I think I'd rather have the replaceable AA battery like the Perdix has.

I have a Peregrine as my backup to my Teric and it gets much better battery life, with hardly any drain when it’s being stored and not used. Now, it’s younger than my Teric and doesn’t get used every dive (just on dive trips), but overall the battery is excellent.

No it’s not. The rechargeable battery is super good. Go buy a Peregrine.

I have a Peregrine as my backup to my Teric and it gets much better battery life, with hardly any drain when it’s being stored and not used. Now, it’s younger than my Teric and doesn’t get used every dive (just on dive trips), but overall the battery is excellent.
Thanks. I saw where it has up to 30 hours battery time, but I guess my main concern is battery degradation after a couple of years usage and recharges.

Thanks. I saw where it has up to 30 hours battery time, but I guess my main concern is battery degradation after a couple of years usage and recharges.
Battery degradation hasn't been an issue at all for me. Of course, battery life in the new Tx model is going to be decreased over the non-AI one because of the increased power usage. But I'd still wager it will be excellent.

Battery degradation hasn't been an issue at all for me. Of course, battery life in the new Tx model is going to be decreased over the non-AI one because of the increased power usage. But I'd still wager it will be excellent.
Great. And one more question. Is the screen layout customizable like the Perdix is?

Great. And one more question. Is the screen layout customizable like the Perdix is?
I've never used a Perdix so I don't know how customizable the fields for it are. The Peregrine does have some customizable fields (position, and what data you want shown), but isn't as customizable as the Teric. Hopefully someone with a Perdix will chime in and let you know more.

I've never used a Perdix so I don't know how customizable the fields for it are. The Peregrine does have some customizable fields (position, and what data you want shown), but isn't as customizable as the Teric. Hopefully someone with a Perdix will chime in and let you know more.
I used a Perdix 2 at the Invasion last year and the info that displays is what I was asking about. So I think you've pretty much answered my question that they are essentially the same.

Thanks again for your answers.

Back
Top Bottom