Peregrine AI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YAHOOOOOOO!

I've been doing a lot of learning, and had settled on getting a Tern TX, even though my old eyes wouldn't be able to see it very well. I figured I'd have to get readers put in my mask, and was about to pull the trigger on the Tern TX.

Then I see the info about the Peregrine TX!

Gotta call the dive shop and get one!

Byrdman

Patience pays off.

One of my computers is an Oceanic VT3 that I have been diving since 2010. It has 1910 dives and 2009 hours on it. Works perfectly but won't last forever. My other computer is a Shearwater Teric, bought in 2019. I haven't had the best luck with my Terics, this one will be back in the water on Friday for it second set of dives since getting it in January.

1715703611125.png
1715703669684.png

Over time, I have spent time wondering what I would replace the VT3 with when it dies. I have not had many good options. Now, I have both the Shearwater Tern TX and the Peregrine TX. I already have 3 Oceanic MH8A transmitters :)

Patience pays off.

One of my computers is an Oceanic VT3 that I have been diving since 2010. It has 1910 dives and 2009 hours on it. Works perfectly but won't last forever. My other computer is a Shearwater Teric, bought in 2019. I haven't had the best luck with my Terics, this one will be back in the water on Friday for it second set of dives since getting it in January.

View attachment 841173 View attachment 841174

Over time, I have spent time wondering what I would replace the VT3 with when it dies. I have not had many good options. Now, I have both the Shearwater Tern TX and the Peregrine TX. I already have 3 Oceanic MH8A transmitters :)
Time to let the VT retire, order your new Shearwater and be one of the first to report to us on it.

Curious if SW’s new owners are starting to see a larger recreational market. I would not own a perdix 2 if this was available when I bought,

I've sunk too much money already....

Petrel 1
2x Perdix AI
2x Peregrine
As someone mentioned, one of the great things about shearwater is their resale value. I don't know if it was just because there wasn't a newer model, but I have seen several Peregrines go for over 75% of what I paid for mine lately. It will be interesting to see if that trend holds now that there is a new model. Speaking of resale, I would take that Petrel off your hands if you are looking to upgrade.

Resale is a tangible factor with SW. Losing 40 to 60% is not fun but buy some other brand and see what it costs you in the short term if you try to sell it, I just bought an SP G3 for $800, comparable to a Teric in function and capability but for my real world uses this would have served me as well and $100 less (G3 is because I bought a HUD and wanted a back up) pretty much all computers you can buy today will serve you just fine so no need to look into tossing out what you have for this “newest” toy on the block but if you already have a compatible transmitter or you are legitimately needing a new computer this one takes the pie! (I like pie not cake :wink: )

Shearwater marketing team lead:
“Okay, gentlemen, we’re all agreed to really shake up the computer industry and offer the new Peregrine TX for $599.
Poindexter (market analyst): “Wait sir. I just read a post on Scubaboard that the dive community is willing to pay $675 for the new Peregrine.”
Shearwater marketing team lead: “Well heck, let’s just make it an even $700. All agreed? $700 it is!”

Thanks @scubadada for nothing. 😁

Back
Top Bottom