Question Tern/Tern TX Strap Length?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DagrScuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Ok.. so a) I'm slightly annoyed that after buying the TernTX they now annoucned the PeregrineTX. :wink: That said, I do love the Tern & AI (coming from a Peregrine). I do miss the larger screen though.

Now, my question.. is it just me or is the larger of the two straps included by Shearwater with the Tern/TernTX still REALLY short???

I don't have thick wrists by any means, but the larger strap doesn't fit over my 3.5mm wetsuit with 1.5mm tropic gloves (even sliding up my arm a bit to avoid the gloves). It will just barely notch over the gloves themselves without the wetsuit.

I guess I could buy the elastic remora band with the buckle... but was just curious if anyone else thought this was off? My Peregrine had such a large strap it easily folded over onto itself with the excess. I suppose "watch style" means they want it to be more streamline... but man, its tough to use with a moderately thin wetsuit (even though a waterproof 3.5 with zip cuffs is a bit thcik for an average 3mil).

Dry (bare skin) it still jsut fits me with only a few extra ring holes... surprising given that I'm not a big guy.

Anyway, minor gripe. I also can't seem to convince myself that my compass is calibrated correctly. I've recalibrated a few times and it always seems to be a good bit off of my analog compass in my backup console. /shrug. Maybe its only when I'm on the "big metal boat"... digital vs non-digital.

-Dagr

my wrists are about 7” - with a 5mm wetsuit on I think I have 2 slots left in the longer tern strap. I expected it to be longer.

Back
Top Bottom