New site for current dive conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We just started a web site for current dive conditions. Our goal is to have up to date info on current conditions for as many local dive spots as possible. As you probably know, even pay quarries don’t always post current and reliable vis and temp reports. Our strategy is to have divers post vis, temp and any other pertinent information, that would help other divers plan their next trip. The site has only been up for a few days and will be evolving for some time. Right now we are primarily thinking about the Mid West, but there is no reason that the site could not grow to cover any area of diver interest. Let me know of any dive sites you want added to the list.

Scuba Steves’ Muck Divers Weblog

Lake Travis. Clear Springs, Lake Murray.. Those are my main points of interest. Cool idea. If you get those sites up, i will be glad to post a report.

Lake Travis is a large lake with several dive sites. It may be necessary as some point to have some subsets for the lake. Primary areas of diving activity are Windy Point, Mansfield Dam and Starnes island. A couple of other spots in Texas include Mammoth lake, Canyon Lake and Blue Lagoon. Cool idea, I hope it works out well for you.

Tyler State Park, Possum Kingdom, Lake Whitney. Some lesser used dive areas but if had current reports would probably be better utilized.

Also many from East Texas use Lake Ouachita in Ark.

Just a reminder to come post your current dive conditions. We have had a lot of visitors to our site, but not enough posting.

Thanks,
SteveC

Sorry, totally forgot about this. Added it to my bookmarks. Anyways posted my report from CSSP on Jun 13th. :) If people get this going, it will be a great resource.

Back
Top Bottom