NEW Sport - Scooter Free Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the same vein, we're putting together a trip for next year to someplace warm. All we're taking is long blades and scooters - not a scrap of scuba gear.

Also, in case this is a video you haven't seen:

[vimeo]4871633[/vimeo]

All the best, James

My wife and I use our scooters frequently. One day last summer we were able to scooter almost all of Molasses reef one day. Diving and snorkeling

The Poulson is a nice dive off Seven Mile Beach of Grand Cayman. Did some scooter free diving myself there last visit. Funny, I also shot going through the tarpon at the mini wall by the Turtle Farm as well. They were calm as long as you kept the rev's down, if not they bolted. Didn't see any footage from Performance passing through the caves at Eden Rock though, so grabbed some different shots after all.

http://www.facebook.com/v/21037443198

The folks at Performance are on some fast, well powered DPVs. The thing about scooter free diving, even if your scooter has a bit less power/speed you can still do some nice drops. As you are at rest, the scooter does the work. You do need to be particularly careful not to get caught out by a power failure though. I've used SCUBA gear once in the last three years, it was mandatory to do the shark dive at Stuart Cove. Scooter free diving does provide some new options.

Sounds like fun! Did you see much elkhorn there during your dives? It has been a while since I've dove Molasses.

My wife and I use our scooters frequently. One day last summer we were able to scooter almost all of Molasses reef one day. Diving and snorkeling

Back
Top Bottom