New Suunto D6!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep stop theory is relatively new and suggests that micro-bubble formation in the blood with nitrogen can be minimized by using stops that are one-half the depth of the maximum dive. The Suunto algorithm will take this into account and places stops at deeper levels than used in standard practice. Not sure it adds alot to safety, but it is a nice theory. Sure you could find threads on this board.

D9 goes to factory for battery change, about every 2 years.

Well, gave my new D6 a thrashing in Cayman – 38 dives and 29 hours underwater in two weeks. Put it into deco several times, and it worked fine. Nice clear display, easy to operate buttons, and a comfy strap. Sorted.

The prototype I had was sound, but this is a genuine production model, and I didn't find any glitches in it over this hard-diving fortnight.

And I could have sold it 10 times over to people who saw it and wanted one!

Think Suunto are on to a winner!

Mark

MarkUK:
Think Suunto are on to a winner!

Mark

Except the dive manager......

partridge:
MarkUK:

During your SI, is the SI time displayed on the watch even in watch mode or do you have to go to dive mode to see SI time?

Thanks.

Paul

It's only displayed in dive mode, I'm afraid. Desaturation time is displayed in dive and plan mode.

MarkUK, I would have to agree with you completely. I think it's probably one of the nicest affordable watches on the market and I'm sure it's going to catch on quick. I to have racked up a few dives on mine also over the weekend 8 dives and 9.6 hours.

Hoosier,

Agree with you about the Dive Manager, but I don't log my dives anymore, so I never use any of that stuff. I have to say, that is one area where Suunto gets its *** kicked by Uwatec's Smart Trak software.

Other than that, I love my Suunto D6 and it does everything I want it to!

Mark

Thanks espenskogen. Does anybody else think this is a good idea? To put the SI time and no fly time in watch mode? I mean the data is being tracked anyway right> What does it take to make it display instead of dual time?

Sad about the software since it seems to be so simple a problem. Not that I know much about programming but Im sure with all the tech wizards in the world, Suunto could of gotten a hold of one. And make it for Mac while their at it.

Back
Top Bottom