New Tank Hydro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's his buddy's name? Arrest records are public info. 5 years in jail? Since when does the Department of Transportation have the authority to arrest anyone. DOT guidelines are not even regulation. There is no criminal violation. No one could possibly be arrested. If what you have posted here is accurate, this guy is a pathological liar.

Who are we to judge? Perhaps his imaginary friend's arrest was truly cooked up. :blessing:

EF1.jpgHydro every 3 years on Steel.................. and I can get my BC deodorized.

I assume the tank has a hydro from the factory? Assuming it does I would compare yours to other tanks in the dive shop . I'm not saying this dude is full of **** but a hydro stamp is good for 5 years as you know.
Maybe he miss read your tank, I try and give everyone the benefit of the doubt before just not going there anymore.

It really seams most likely that a shop refuled to fill a new tank because it did not have a vis and would not just put on a vis sticker based on the birth (original hydro) date being over a year old. The arrest thing is really a monkey wrench in that theory.

I'm not saying this dude is full of **** ...

That's OK, the rest of us have no such reservations. This dude is full of :censored:.

He just lied to you face. If you have a choice, don't ever go into this shop again

Update...I called another LDS; he told me to bring it over for the vis. I called the first guy and told him I was coming over to pick it up; I didn't want the hydro. He gave me the following rational as to why he insisted on the hydro:
He has a friend that didn't adhere to DOT regs and agents from the DOT arrested his buddy, who then spent five years in jail. Have you ever heard of something so preposterous!!!

Enfield Scuba in Enfield, CT

I love it, 10 years on ScubaBoard and this is an original by my reckoning.

The hydro was done and in the US it's valid for 5 years, period. The date is beat into the metal and that's that. Premature retesting could be considered cylinder abuse.

The shop is on solid ground if it want's to perform a VIP (visual) inspection. Lacking positive pressure nobody knows what's in there.

Whether he is an idiot or a crook you should take your patronage elsewhere.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom