new to area, looking for dive friends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bear Hunter

Reaction score
My wife and I are in our mid 20's. We just moved to Orlando FL 6 months ago and are having a hard time trying to find people to dive with and hang out with!

This doesnt seem to be the friendlyist state in the south!:D

Does anyone around here have room for two people on there next dive?

Leeyohe322@cs.com

Thanks
Jason and Melissa Lee

My local dive shop has a dive trip planned to West Palm Beach over Labor Day Weekend. I know that there are several boats and a large dive shop there. Prehaps you two could meet up with some of us then. My dive friends and I like to come to North Central FL to dive the springs, and I have family in the Deland, Deltona, Orlando area.

Bottoms Up....Bubbles Up!!!
Cindy

Jason & Melissa,

You are welcome to join me just about anytime. I live in Fort Myers and dive very frequently. One of my most frequent (and one of my favorite) dive buddies lives in Orlando.

We dive the Keys, Ft. Lauderdale area, Palm Beach area, springs in central Florida and frequently hunt fossils in low viz at Venice. You are welcome to join us for any or all options. This weekend, several of us are diving the Palm Beach area, but the boat is full. Next weekend, I'll be diving offshore Fort Myers on a private boat on Saturday and probably hunt fossils on Sunday at Venice Beach. If you're interested in a different type of dive, send me an e-mail and we can dive on the 19th.

WWW™

Hey Bear Hunter...

Welcome to the Sunshine State and lots of different diving experiences. We have a ton of springs, lots of lake and two oceans to pick from... OK, ones just a Gulf, but its all still quite fun. You might want to look up the Central Florida Divers, which is a local club. Currently, I am on the injured list, with a severe back problem, and I may not get to dive before the end of the year. I was hoping to dive with Walter this past month at Venice Beach, but found myself in a hospital instead. Sorry about that Walter, and I was wondering how the dive went... or if it went. If you can't find the diving club, drop me a line and I will find them for you.

I would like to thank you all for taking the time to reply to our post and extending your hand to us!

Walter,when ever you have a extra day melissa and I would be more than glad to go diving with you!

She probably wouldnt be too wild about the low vis. part of vince beach:D esp if you tell her we are looking for sharks teeth:D:D:D

netdoc I would like to get in touch with the dive club here if you could tell me where I could find them at!

Seaangel We can not make the trip...I am flying melissa home for that weekend as a surprise...It's here nephews 2nd birthday! But,if you are ever around here give us a shout and we would love to dive with you all...just not that weekend!

Thanks again everyone

Jason Lee
leeyohe322@cs.com
321-229-8694 cell Number

As per my promise...

http://www.sundial.net/~barouch/cfpd.htm

this is the link that I have for the Central Florida Pleasure Divers... Later dude!

(and try and have some fun at the little tyke's birthday party, will ya???)

:p

Tell her we are looking for FOSSILS. Some of them are shark teeth, but the sharks have been dead for millions of years. That's not the only type of diving available, there's lots of good diving of all types in this grand state of ours.

WWW™

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom