new to board from Salt Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gfisher4792:
Welcome to the board, Tony! BTW, out of curiosity, is the Great Salt Lake divable? I don't think I'd subject my equipment to that salinity, but just wondering.

Well I have swam in the Great Salt Lake, but I would not SCUBA in it. For one the average depth is only 13 feet and there is not anything to see in the water. Also the smell is somewhat ofensive. However there are a few good places to SCUBA without having to leave the state, although nothing compared to the caribean.

tonyjk:
Well I have swam in the Great Salt Lake, but I would not SCUBA in it. For one the average depth is only 13 feet and there is not anything to see in the water. Also the smell is somewhat ofensive. However there are a few good places to SCUBA without having to leave the state, although nothing compared to the caribean.

Welcome to the scuba board, I have learned an awful lot here!

I swan in the Salt Lake once too and there was nothing to see but the brine shrimp. I was surprised to see even those. Well, I guess there is the black, foul smelling crusty mud. Though the ultra-buoyancy was an interesting experience, I don't think I was ever much happier to shower than after getting out of that water. By the time you get to the shore the salt crystals have already formed...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom