New to coldwater diving - help please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wonderful news! Now you need to get out to Lobos and find out why I rave about Monterey diving . . .

I'm late to read this, but as a reference, with a Zeagle SS/BP&W, DUI Weight and Trim, Whites Fusion(mk3), LP95, I carry 32pds, and I'm 185 and 6ft.

I also wear the heavier Scuba Pro Jet Fins. I can actually go 30, but then towards the end of the dive I'm really fighting buoyancy in the shallows, or have to do a deco stop on low air. Even 31 was some work.

Volauvent - glad it is getting much better for you!

Just curious with you new setup how much lead are you now using?

M

Hi Jorgy:

Thanks for asking! Right now I'm carrying 16# of lead (way nicer than the 26# from before!) With this I can easily hold a safety stop at 500psi. Once I went out with 12# of lead and couldn't descend. So somewhere between 16# and 12# is the right weight. I'm going to decrease by 1# at a time until it's just right.

TSandM:

Funny you should mention Point Lobos. There's a permit here sez I am cleared to go dive Point Lobos next Friday... can't wait!

:)

Are you diving a SS or AL BP?

M

Thanks for asking! Here's the rig (haven't weighed the components yet):
Eclipse small SS BP with weighted single tank adaptor
TLS-350 suit with xm450 underlayer
nylon weight belt with SS buckle, 16# total for now
jet fins
rental HP100 tank

cheers,
Teresa

All sounds great ... except for the belt. I'd ditch it for a rubber belt with a wire buckle.

I hope you love Pt. Lobos as much as I do, it is in incredible place. Here's a Lobos story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom