New to diving...again!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Bends

New
Reaction score
I dove for about four years when I was stationed in the Air Force on Guam (1987-91) After I left there, I did assignments in Korea, Northern Italy, Germany and Wash. D.C. I've just arrived in Panama City, Fl. and I've decided to take up the sport again. I'm certified as a PADI Rescue diver and even got through 3/4ths of the Divemaster course in 91, but I must confess....I feel like a neophite again. I'd like to re-take the divemaster course, but I feel a little uncertain of my abilities. I also don't feel I'd fit in with a newbie class. because I still retain alot of knowledge. Is there some time of 'refresher course offered for old/new bubbleheads like me or is it possible 'audit' a class (for a fee, anyway.) (with any org., not just PADI) -Thanx

I can't speak for certainty about Florida, but there should be refresher courses at any LDS, or find an experienced buddy who will help you along until you get back into the rhythm of things.

back to the sport!!!:)

Kayla:)

welcome back to the sport. Most lds's have refresher courses or you could dive with an experienced buddy. Just remember to start off slow and work your way back up. Ensure you do a lot of drills in shallow water to refresh your skills. good luck.

The Bends,
Refreshers are readily available. Check with the local LDS's. You certianly are in a good location. The primary chnge you will notice is the technology and equipment. As always, breath continuously.
Dive Safe,
Larry

Every diver that went into Ben Stevens shop would get the Bens (Bends) He would dive so fast, so deep and for so long into your wallet, that you would get the Bens (bends)

The Bends

If you want to get together for some refresher work drop me a line. I did not renew my instructors this yea. I have been certified since 74. I live 7 miles from Vortex www.vortexspring.com, Ponce de leon area. If I get the boat working today I will be hitting the springs at Marrianna, if not possitble the Panama City Beach jetties at st Andrews. Have to hit them at high slack.

Or prhaps wer can just go to Morrison.

Back
Top Bottom