New to Diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PastorJeff

Reaction score
Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I took our Youth Group to a "Dive Day" at the local scuba diving shop. I took 15 teens and there were 9 dedicated "air lines" to be used.

The first breath I took underwater was absolutely the greatest feeling - I cannot describe to you what it felt like, but it was wonderful! I am not supposed to be breathing under water!!

Then the owner hooked me up to an actual Scuba Diving set up and I was no longer tied to the airline that went to the wall...I could not believe it! Sorry to go on, most of you are probable experts, but I now am hooked. It was the greatest feeling in the world...and it was only in a 15 foot indoor heated swimming pool!

Anyways, just wanted to say hello, and I will be bugging you with tons of questions about diving and the such. I am getting a group together to take the PADI diving class so that 8-12 of us can get certified.

Thanks for the wonderful site! I look forward to learning much from all of you!

Sincerely,

Jeffrey

PastorJeff once bubbled...

The first breath I took underwater was absolutely the greatest feeling - I cannot describe to you what it felt like, but it was wonderful! I am not supposed to be breathing under water!!

Jeffrey

Takes me back to my first dive in OW class. Everyone knows if you try to breathe underwater you'll die right? I mean, for 40 odd years that was the way it was. So, this guy says "take this plastic regulator thingie, put it in your mouth, and you can breathe underwater".

So, okay, being a trusting soul, and, as you're in only 4 feet of water, you figure what the heck! Down you go, looking at everybody else and feeling good about it. Then this bozo comes up and wants you to take the reg thingie out of your mouth and throw it over your shoulder :confused: =-)

Yea, right :bonk:

Welcome to the board Jeffrey, and good luck with your classes.

MD

Welcome to the boards! Hold onto that enthusiasm and get out there and dive, dive, dive!:D

Howdy from Texas.
It's great to finally have someone spiritual around here.
Seriously, you'll find great info and good people. My youngest son started his diving through a church group and is still at it 11 years later. Diving will benefit both yourself and the youth.

DSAO,
Larry

Hi Pastorjeff!

I still get that feeling every time I dive! Don't ever let go of the capacity for wonder - the world would be a far worse place without it!

Dive often, dive safe!

welcome to the board PastorJeff:)

You've found the friendliest board on the net! There are no stupid questions here, we love helping new divers, fire away!
Ber :bunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom