New to Puerto Vallarta and looking for advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vallarta adventures are #1....food...comfort....entertainment[tell Kimmie we said hi]...great dive locations[we've done them all]...for a extra hoot go horse-back riding in Yalapa...you can find them at the padi site..

www.thegoodlifetv.com

Just got back yesterday from Puerto Vallarta and I had a blast. Lutz at OceanQuest is a good friend of mine and he treated my firends and I to a great time.

It is a small operation, but we had a great boat captain and together he and Lutz made sure that we each had a wonderful experience.

Vis isn't that great right now, but it gets better around 60' and deeper. Water is a bit cool, but nothing that a 3mil wetsuit couldn't handle. Devil's Canyon at Los Arcos had the best vis, but our group had the best time at Mahajuitas (sp?).

I just came home from PV on May 2nd. The diving was pretty good. Viz was only about 40' but there were lots of creatures everywhere. As far as Pacific SCUBA goes I wouldn't recommend them. I might be the exception but since you're asking I'm telling. My brother-in-law was doing a referral open water and we decided to book with PS after reading lots of good things about them on this message board. I sent several e-mails and got confirmation for our dives and equipment needed. The night we got in we went to see them. They had me on a dive boat but not my brother-in-law. They didn't have an instructor scheduled for his referral and the lunk head kid in the shop didn't do much to help resolve the problem. He was very confused on what we needed and who we booked with. After about 10 minutes we decided to leave.

After PS we ended up at Chico's dive shop downtown. This was an awesome outfit. They took us right in, set up an instructor for my brother-in-law, and had us squared away for the next morning. The divemasters and captain were great, very helpful, and very personable. We had a great time and ended up doing several dives with them. I took my own gear but if you're renting they had mostly new gear. The water was in the high 60's to 70 and all they had for exposure protection were 6mm shorties. I dove in a 3 mm full suit and was fine.

I hope this helped you out. Like I said I heard good things about PS and Chico's but PS just didn't work out for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom