new to santa barbara!! in need of dive buddies, friends, advice ;)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Covediver I don't know when the last time you were on the Spectre since you don't live in SoCal anymore but it is an awesome boat. The food is great & Capt. Ted always makes sure to get to 4 good different dive spots.

John

Check out Channel Islands Dive Adventures CIDA. I'm not a member but just did a 2 day boat trip with them on the Peace out of Ventura. They are a very nice group of people and should make finding dive buddies easy for you.

Covediver I don't know when the last time you were on the Spectre since you don't live in SoCal anymore but it is an awesome boat. The food is great & Capt. Ted always makes sure to get to 4 good different dive spots.

John

Thanks for the response. The reason that I walked off Spectre many yeas ago what because they rushed us to get to four different spots which I think causes a whole lot of problems where none need be created. After one particularly troubling experience, I walked off that boat and never set foot on it and that had to be close to 20 years ago. Different divers will have different experiences, mine was particularly troubling; others will have a different point of view. But since I am ulitmately responsible for myself and feel an obligation to my dive buddies, well, lets just leave it at that.

Its sister boat, Liberty, had an entire different approach to diving was the vessel I chose to dive from. When they got rid of her I switched to the Peace, never regretted my decision. From what I hear from reading threads on scubaboard, not much has changed since I walked off that boat.

I do dive that channel islands every chance I get. Business and family bring me back to the area on a regular basis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom