New To Scuba Board. Need Dive Buddies or Groups.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to Scubaboard :)

Keith, curious do you hunt fish too? If so on every dive? Or are you just more of an underwater explorer?

I am not nearly as gun ho, and plan to stay out of the water this weekend. Anything over 8ft on the North Coast is a no go for me. Furious is not the best description for this weekend, but slightly upset would be fitting.

PZZ540-091130- POINT ARENA TO POINT REYES TO 10 NM-
SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING

TONIGHT
NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 7 FT. NW SWELL 11 TO 14 FT AT 12 SECONDS.

SAT
NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 7 FT. NW SWELL 10 TO 13 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

SUN
NW WINDS 5 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. NW SWELL 5 TO 7 FT AT 10 SECONDS AND W 5 TO 7 FT AT 18 SECONDS.

Peter_C,

I do indeed Hunt fish. As well as Abalone. But those are Primarily my Free Diving Sport. Abalone being the Obvious Freediving Sport. But Im into the Adventure of the dive. I like to see Mother Natures Hidden Treasures of the Sea. I even appreciate the art of Underwater Photography. I dont do it myself, but its my Niche for not being there in the water.
And yes, this weekend is a Nasty One. I would Highly Recommend Not Diving on the Sonoma or Mendocino Coast this weekend. Maybe an Inland dive? Im not sure what its like to dive at Lake Sonoma, but maybe it might be worth checking out. Probably not alot to see. But who knows.

---------- Post added February 8th, 2013 at 11:19 PM ----------

And thank you everyone else who has given there input and pointing me in the right direction. I will head over to the NorCal Forum and see whats brewing lol. I will of course continue to check back here to see what anyone has to say, or further suggestions. Thank you All.

Back
Top Bottom