New to scuba diving and liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TruthAquatics

Registered
Reaction score
DISCOVERY DIVE TRIPS are what you're looking for!

These trips cater to divers of all skill levels, and are a great option for newly-certified divers or those looking for a more relaxed trip. The captain and crew offer more hands-on direction to make you comfortable on a liveaboard vessel.

What Is a Discovery Dive?

Truth Aquatics’ 2-Day Discovery Dives head to the Inner Northern Channel Islands and are slower-paced trips designed for new divers, instructors with students completing dive courses, and divers with fewer logged dives. They also provide a great introduction to liveaboard dive trips, for those who are unfamiliar with such excursions. The captain and crew give a comprehensive briefing at each dive site to help everyone feel comfortable and relaxed. We also invite intermediate and advanced divers to join these trips and dive at their leisure.

We have many scuba diving opportunities for all levels. Check our online calendar and contact us for more information.

LET'S DIVE!

I think there is a market for this in CA boat diving, and I hope the market responds. Best of luck filling up these trips.

PS: I have been diving with Truth Aquatics since 1988. You guys run a great operation.

Do you put a guide in the water, and if not is that service available and at what cost?

No guide in the water and that goes for most CA diving if you want one you need to hire one. Just did one of these trips with my son three weeks ago and it was a great trip for his first dives in the Channel Islands. I've been diving with Truth Aquatics for about eight years and always have a great experiance.

No guide in the water and that goes for most CA diving if you want one you need to hire one.

That's been my understanding; with the 'new to scuba diving' and 'discovery dive trip' specifiers I thought it worth clarifying here, since the marketing thrust seems to be toward a group that won't all know that, or even to ask about it.

Richard.

Thanks for your comment, Richard!

We don't have a guide or a dive master aboard our trips. With one of the most knowledgeable crew out there, we will take all divers aboard our "Discovery Dive" trips to calm and protected waters for their dives. These are perfect trips for a new diver to build confidence and master their skills. Even without a dive master or guide, safety always comes first aboard. For that reason, we always have the skiff on the water and a safety diver always ready to assist anyone in the water. Plus, no one enters the water before a very comprehensive briefing about the dive location.

Please, do not hesitate to contact us or post questions here.

We look forward to hearing from you all!

Cheers!

That's been my understanding; with the 'new to scuba diving' and 'discovery dive trip' specifiers I thought it worth clarifying here, since the marketing thrust seems to be toward a group that won't all know that, or even to ask about it.

Richard.

Good reminder. I did my OW certification class here in California waters a long time ago, I think our instructor told us at least a couple of times, on 'our' west coast boats assume you will not have a DM unless you hire one. Is it officially on the instructors to pass on local conditions and things to expect like this, or did I have a very sharing instructor?

Truth is an excellent operation and they do it with smiles on their faces. Been diving with them since back in '95. I've never been tempted to go out to the islands with anyone else. No reason to :cool2:

Kevin:

That's the main reason I posted; because the scuba charter boat industry varies by region. A lot of people either train in, or get much of their early diving experience in, the tropical Caribbean, much of which features dive guides so often that in main stream locations it'd be remarkable to find one that didn't. In the Florida Keys, a number of op.s don't, but Rainbow Reef Dive Center does. In Jupiter, where the diving is drift diving, a guide was put in by Jupiter Dive Center, and I suspect would be done by other op.s. I hear Olympus Dive Center out of Morehead, NC doesn't, but NC diving is generally wreck diving, so at least you don't have a huge reef to wonder off on.

A lot of fairly new divers could easily fall into assuming that charter boats supply guides, just like they supply tanks & weights. It's important to make sure they know when that's not the case.

Richard.

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Next trip...[/FONT]

The Vision is getting ready for her first Discover Dive trip of the year. Join capt. Graham and crew on this 2-Day Dive trip to the Northern Islands.
For more information, contact us and... let's dive!

----------------------------------
February 7th - 8th @ 4 AM
Northern Channel Islands
Vision
$371
----------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom