New to scuba-so glad to find Scuba Board!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to scubaboard and welcome to the scuba.
Also nice of you that are learning and certifying as a couple.

Absolutely the best buy(free) item you can find for SCUBA---enjoy your stay here & take it all in, if possible, lol...And, good luck in your future diving, we never know it all.......

Greetings Catpsy and welcome to Scuba Board. I am very glad that you have found great instructors that have encouraged you. Every diver comes from humble beginnings. There are those who have natural abilities and comfort in the water is a great help. Most of us are just normal and have to work, train or practice to achieve the desired skills to dive safely. It is important to point out that the 18 basic skills you are learning right now are very important to master and continue to practice to keep fresh. These skills are to ensure diving safety and that you are confident in your abilities as well as your buddies.
My wife and I were certified at the same time in May of 2007 and from OW till now I can not believe the path that diving has taken for me. I have assisted with training for two years as a DM and getting interested in furthering my dive training. What started as a vacation activity turned into a life style that has changed my whole life. Enjoy the journey and dive as often as you can. Get involved in a local dive club and take advantage of the local waters in which you live. Purchasing gear can also make diving more frequently easier. Be patient and take it one step at a time, good luck.
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

Welcome to the board. Looks like you have some good instructors working with you. You are finding that good buoyancy control is one of the main keys to becoming a good diver. I wish you well in your future dives. I have been an instructor for 37 years and I still love it!

yup diving is fun and your air is strapped to your back not laying ontop of the water your swimming in so its more fun then snorkeling. Good luck with your class hopefully you have a good instructor that teaches you well and makes it fun so you enjoy it too
We're learning at Divers Source in MD. OW dives will be at Lake Rawlings in VA. Our medium-term goal is to complete advanced cert, & be capable of going with them to NC next summer for some wreck diving. We're very impressed by the professionalism and commitment of our instructor, Art, & his assistant, Dave.

Thanks for sharing your inspiring story. Your post captures much of the "go slow to savor & learn" that co-exists w/ excitement & enthusiasm I haven't felt for an activity since giving up downhill skiing years ago. Maturity lends more weight to the savor & learn side, which is very good from a safety standpoint. It will be fun to see the unfoldment of this whole new part of our lives.

Hi Catpsy, my sentiments exactly when I discovered SB and I was really glad to have access to these online resources so early in my diving career which only started a few months ago! Glad to see that you guys have stumbled upon good instructors in your area! I'm enjoying the learning process and I hope you do too! :)

Catpsy, WELCOME TO SB! I have a ball here and I'm sure you will too! I can't go under anymore due to an inner ear thing (bla bla bla) but i'd rather snorkel than eat. Lot of neat people here (lot a butt heads also) but what the hey.

Good luck and have fun!:rofl3:

and another welcome to diving and to ScubaBoard from the Buckeye State!!

Go BUCKS!! 2010 Rose Bowl Champs

Back
Top Bottom