New to St. Augustine but not the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100days-a-year- I like the new vis report! Just heard the same from others, now i hope it stays that way through the rough seas this week and I'll be back in business.

Nor'easter will probly FUBAR the vis for a while.Definitely check out the shop,esp the awesome mural and decor in the classroom:wink:very Fla.

I moved down from Oregon (Corvallis) in 2000. The diving is my only reason for staying, honestly. If you're in the West Palm Beach area look me up and we'll head out. Enjoy FLA.

Don

donclaypool:
I moved down from Oregon (Corvallis) in 2000. The diving is my only reason for staying, honestly. If you're in the West Palm Beach area look me up and we'll head out. Enjoy FLA.

Don

Oh yes! I remember Corvallis---> a small drinking town with a college problem!

Thanks to all for the insights and pointers. I did drop by Sea Hunt Scuba the other day, a very nice facility and the staff seem like pretty good people also.

Since I am here I have decided that I want to go forward with the next step in my training. All of my training has been SSI and dive-con is next on the list. Yesterday I decided that I needed to check out the "closer" SSI shops that I could find. One was south near Daytone, the other was in Jax Beach.

If I get down your way Don, I will definitely get ahold of you first. I will take advantage of any opportunity that I can to dive while I am here. And as I have the week off between Christmas and New Years I will be looking for some diving opportunities all over the state.

Jeff

Hey there and welcome to NE FL.

I got my OW with the SSI shop in Jax Beach. Nice guys. They do all my annual servicing on equipment. They also run dive trips every so often. I have been trading with them for 5 years now, and I have no complaints.

I don't know much about St Augustine diving, but there are a good many divers in Jacksonville. The men that I know have all been diving for many years and have traveled all over the world. They think the diving here is pretty good. If you are in to spearfishing it's great, or at least the results that I have eaten have all been excellent.

Really good restaurants in St. Augustine! Enjoy!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom