New to the board, not diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello, I have been diving since 1977, just found this board the other day. Great forums and even some logical answers to questions.

I used to live in Florida, now I do most of my diving in Southern Indiana, go back to FL just to dive. Makes you appreciate it more when you drive 600 miles to get there.

Sonny

welcome aboard

you can always move back :wink:

Desa:
Hello, I have been diving since 1977, just found this board the other day. Great forums and even some logical answers to questions.

I used to live in Florida, now I do most of my diving in Southern Indiana, go back to FL just to dive. Makes you appreciate it more when you drive 600 miles to get there.

Sonny

wow that is a lot of driving but hey welcome to the board.

Desa:
It's great when you can tell the difference. LOL!
Desa:

Sonny
Welcome to the board! I've only been diving for a year and Blue Springs is my only Indiana location so far. Where do you do your local diving?

-Rob

rab:
It's great when you can tell the difference. LOL!Welcome to the board! I've only been diving for a year and Blue Springs is my only Indiana location so far. Where do you do your local diving?

-Rob
How was Blue Springs? I hear that it is usually cold. I drive down towards Hopkinsville, KY. There is a quarry called Dive Cerulean, which is only about 40' deep, but really a good place to dive for begineers. (I have 13 year old daughter who just finished her Advanced O/W)

For a little more fun we go to Pennyroyal which is about 130', but always cold. Also over in Southern Il. there is Mermet Springs which is also cold and deep, but they have a 727 in the water to dive.

Unfortunetly, when I dive locally, its usually in zero vis in the Ohio river or one of the lakes doing a recovery dive.......

feel free to send me a PM if we can hook up some time.....Sonny

Desa:
How was Blue Springs? I hear that it is usually cold.
Well, I've been there twice. Oct-2003 in a 5mmFJ/J which was in the 50's F. Similar in Jun-2004 in a 5/3mmFull with temps in the low(!) 50's F according to the dive computer, but I got a similar reading at Gilboa and the thermometer at the tubes read 40F (I wanted to see what the lower-end of the temperature range for my 5/3 was -- I found it!).
Desa:
I drive down towards Hopkinsville, KY. There is a quarry called Dive Cerulean, which is only about 40' deep, but really a good place to dive for begineers. (I have 13 year old daughter who just finished her Advanced O/W)

For a little more fun we go to Pennyroyal which is about 130', but always cold. Also over in Southern Il. there is Mermet Springs which is also cold and deep, but they have a 727 in the water to dive.
I've heard of all those, but haven't been to any.
Desa:
Unfortunetly, when I dive locally, its usually in zero vis in the Ohio river or one of the lakes doing a recovery dive.......

feel free to send me a PM if we can hook up some time.....Sonny
I'll let you know!

-Rob

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Well by all means check out the Florida Conch Divers forum. We'd love to have you join us when you're back down this way. Caverns/Caves, Meg Teeth, Wreck or Beach diving - they're all good!

Welcome to the board,
Grier

Aloha! You'll like it here, this is the most informative place to go for SCUBA on the internet. Whether you want info, humor, or spirited debate, (or sometimes all three at once!), this is the place! :crafty:

TJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom