New to the board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, Tau I live pretty close to you in Arcadia. I usually go boat diving once or twice a month with Ocean Safari in San Gabriel. We're going to San Clemente with the Great Escape next weekend. They usually have a boat trip every week during summer.

Jenazah,

Arcadia is just down the street. And San Gabriel is like around the corner. We are close. Do you do any beach diving?

tau:
So you are recommending the 100 high pressure over the 80 high pressure. Does brand matter? I hear about PST on this board a lot. Is that Press Steel?

I can't find them in Sports Chalet anymore. Where can I get the 100 HP PST in the LA area? Whats the price?

Tau, Pst=Pressed Steel, just the company name. They are notorious for estimating incorrectly the demand for their tanks. In addition, this year they moved and are experiencing the normal manufacturing delays that that entails. I ordered (And paid) in early July. Headhunter is right that Hollywooddivers is great, but they are at the mercy of PST and neither Bill or Hal seem able to produce an HP Steel 100. I have seen Worthington low pressure tanks available (Just Google) for around $230-$250. The HP E7-100 (Pressed Steel) are $339 from Hollywooddivers, and as I noted earlier, the date keeps slipping.

tau:
I've never been on a board with this much response within a day. Thank you all for willingness to help me gain my experience. I will meet you all soon.

I have one quick question for everyone. I am in the market to get my own tank. I own all my diving equipment except for my tank. I've been renting that at sports chalet. The guy told me there that I would be better off renting theirs until i can figure out what I like. My question is, what is the best all around tank if price wasn't an issue? I'm leaning toward a High Pressure 80. Good or bad choice? Please help.

I prefer an HP120 if you can carry the slight additional weight. I get two good dives off mine, so once you get your buoyancy control and breathing down you'll get about two dives for the price of one!!

Yes. Not as often as I'd like but I would love to do more beach diving. I usually go to either Laguna beach or Deer Creek.

tau:
Jenazah,

Arcadia is just down the street. And San Gabriel is like around the corner. We are close. Do you do any beach diving?

Back
Top Bottom