New to the scuba world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tiffy

Reaction score
Hey, hi, howdy.
Hello as you seen im new i havent even started classes, they start in Feb.Anyway im looking for adivce, info, tips any that anyone would be willing to share. I live in Missouri and have never seen the ocean. So im realy looking foword to going out on the ocean. Anyway thanks for everything........

First, Congrats on taking the classes. Your life will never be the same again! The ocean is a good place to dive but don't discount your local dive spots. I hear there are some cool places in Missouri!

The best advice I can give you is to stick around and read this board every day! You'll be amazed at what we discuss, the tips prople offer and the knowledge you'll pick up along the way.

If you already have your class scheduled, start reading the class materials now. Read it and re-read it again, until you truly know it. You'll be better prepared for the class and will better understand what is being taught.

Again...Welcome to the Scuba Board.

Tiffy,
You are about to join the ranks of many who now see the world 'differently' than the poor landlubbers. I agree with the previous post that your life will not be same.

What you will learn about science and nature will amaze you but will pale in compairision to what you will learn about yourself. You will enjoy great thrills and excitement while learning your limits and facing some fears.

Enjoy the trip, learn your skills well, and welcome to scuba.

Regards, Phil

Once you get bitten by the diving bug, you're done for! You can never go back to staying dry and breathing air like the creatures up there... Anyway, welcome to our realm!

Sea you in the Deep Blue,
Mario :D

I also have to second Dee's advice. If you can get the course material in advance do so ! The more you can learn before the classes start the better prepared you will be. Also if you know of someone who has already taken the class, doing a little pool work with just a mask and snorkel can be very benificial. Best of luck in your new adventure.

Thanks for the info.. I have the stuff to study and have been hard at reading and writing info out of the books. And i plan on sticking around becouse i dont know anyone but my bf thats a scuba diver. And i want to know all i can before starting the class. That way i will know whats going on. Anyway thanks agian......

Welcome! I am sure you will find the underwater world fascinating, mysterious, and beautiful. After your course, you will have a different perspective of life.

You never know, you might become a dive professional one day.. enjoy!

Tip: Relax and have fun... that's it... relax... relax... relax... relax... relax...

Congrats and welcome to the board.
My tip is to learn how to work the dive tables. This way if the dive computer has a fear of water you can still dive.
Anyway have fun in the class.

Welcome to the world of diving. You will see things you never thought possible and enter an entire new world. Have a wonderful time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom