New UK sidemount rig... thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I'd struggle to fit into that. I don't have the body of an adolescent.

I'll just add ufcdiver to the block list.. there.

The point of the thread was to find out if the rig was capable, not if it looked like other rigs.

You adjust the webbing in the same way as your UK copy-copy...

its as capable as the razor or its clones(without a msr bag or wing), if you are looking for info on its limitations read any of the posts about those, it will work the exact same way as any webbing only sidemount harness.

one day people will stop posting all of these "new" ideas and just dive the rig that works... maybe...

Don't remember saying it was a new idea, just said it was new from a manufacturer. Don't remember saying it was an improvement on other side mounts rigs as I haven't made the move to side mount, therefore I have nothing to compare it to.

What I was hoping for was a little constructive analysis as to whether the unit looked capable as a SM rig. As I'm probably going to buy it.

Appears that was too much to ask for in the Side Mount forum.

What I was hoping for was a little constructive analysis as to whether the unit looked capable as a SM rig. As I'm probably going to buy it.

Appears that was too much to ask for in the Side Mount forum.

The only thing you asked for was "Thoughts" on it and thats what the folks gave you. Only in post #8 did you reiterate what you meant.

It looks like a homemade knock off...
I have knockoff shoes and that don't mean they don't get me to where I am going.

Hard to tell a lot from a picture but if it is being used as a SM harness then pretty sure its going to be ok. Instead of asking thoughts on a picture why dont you go and dive the unit or one like it, maybe get SM training which will better help you know what your looking at.

In all reality almost any rig can be made into a SM rig. After all SM started from rigs much different then your typical SM rig today.

The only thing you asked for was "Thoughts" on it and thats what the folks gave you. Only in post #8 did you reiterate what you meant.

Yes I did I ask for thoughts. I thought there would be level of maturity on the board. However I over-estimated.

Hard to tell a lot from a picture but if it is being used as a SM harness then pretty sure its going to be ok. Instead of asking thoughts on a picture why dont you go and dive the unit or one like it, maybe get SM training which will better help you know what your looking at.

I think I'll end up getting the unit. But I'll pass on the training.

EDIT:

Thankfully a member of Scubaboard PM'd me with a decent critique of the reg. I thank him for his honest opinion and now have all the information I need.

Last edited:
Wart, out of curiosity (not being a smartass), why pass on the training?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom