New UTD rig, thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There still has to be an opv in there somewhere I reckon.

Shrug.

I guess I just don't see what real world concern these new wings are addressing. I think properly sized single wings are already extremely stream-lined, with almost no tacoing. They certainly dump just fine in either vertical (inflator) or prone (rear dump) position. They scale to current doubles wings ("beginning with the end in mind"), which facilitates future transitions and rescue skills.

As Richard alluded to earlier, I guess I'm a bit lost with the "DIR"ness of the (supposed) standard that gives you the Delta, MX/MC90, MX Kiss, pSCR, Z system, and "traditional" DIR singles/doubles.

I'm all for progress, but I'm not seeing how the Delta wings address that.

I would trust my buddies/mentors who have extensive experience sidemount diving in caves over a random guy on the internet. I think I have a good idea for the reason they prefer that configuration, but as I dont have experience with sidemount or cave diving i'll just leave it at that.

Jill Heinerth is not "a random guy on the internet".

When I red about the innovatite cappabilities of AG on setting this Z device just come to my mind one simple thing... The Razor from Steve Boagerts and looks that they just figure a wing shape. May I guess the only real contribution to the Razor is the manifold and still think is not the ideal solution. But a good try.

They should run the inflator between the divers legs, that way it will be less of an entanglement hazard and more streamlined. Oral inflation can be done by your unified teammate.

They should run the inflator between the divers legs, that way it will be less of an entanglement hazard and more streamlined. Oral inflation can be done by your unified teammate.

That's hilarious!

Though, I'm afraid that all your dive buddies are going to rig their inflator hoses like this now.

I wouldn't want to play chess with him because he'd always be thinking 3 moves ahead of mine.

Cuff dumps. Nice idea until you drive your buddy crazy with the constant light signaling. That wasn't thinking 3 moves ahead. Nearly all of the rest of the "innovative" approaches that I've seen seem to be due more to an ADD mind that can't quite think something through to the end and keeps chasing after the shiny object while missing the big picture.

As Richard alluded to earlier, I guess I'm a bit lost with the "DIR"ness of the (supposed) standard that gives you the Delta, MX/MC90, MX Kiss, pSCR, Z system, and "traditional" DIR singles/doubles.

I'm all for progress, but I'm not seeing how the Delta wings address that.

This is a good question - can all these systems diving together be considered DIR? Obviously, UTD thinks so.

But for everyone else, what level of equipment specifity is mandated by DIR. Must there be a backplate? Must tanks be back mounted?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom