new video - from our local dive spot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
here in New Mexico, we dive at a fresh water spring know as "Blue Hole" in Santa Rosa. It is +80' deep and at high altitude and dark at the bottom. My husband is the instructor with the blue drysuit swimming backwards with 2 students taking them on Dive #1. Water is a brisk 62 degrees year-round but with our summer air temps in high 90s it feels refreshing!

remember, please right click and "save target as" to your computer and play it from there.

http://www.rnrscuba.net/BlueholeJuly2006.wmv

robint
4 days til we leave for california kelp diving!
Peace to the oil rig Grace on Aug 16th
Spectre to kelp on 17th, 18th

Great music. Who is it ?

Good job with the editing. Your transition speed matches the tempo of the music well.

Does your editing S/W allow brightness and or contrast adjustments ? If so, try playing around with up angle shots.

Great video... what do you shoot with?

Wys.

I shoot with a Sony HC-42 and Ikelite housing, no lights yet. I will probably sell this rig next year and upgrade to HD. I just got this for christmas this and it was a test to see if I would like videography. The answer to that is: YES!!!!!! So now that I am happy with the results of the videos, shooting and editing, I think I am going to go ahead and invest in a nicer rig.... in a year or so.

thanks ron, I don't know if I can adjust the contrast down without clutting the clip. I will check that out next time though!

robint
2 days til Calif!

Nice Video I love that dive have you tried perch on a good dive it might make an interesting dive video maby a little green though.

Nice video....man 62 degrees LOL We dive the Blue grotto and devils den here and its 72 degrees, and I'm cold LOL.

aloha,

nice video. cool music.
only one tip, if I may:
most beginners tend to grip there housing tightly without realizing it.
that makes for shakiness.
you can hold your housing with two fingers on either side.
remember that being underwater is like the ultimate "steadycam" if you know what that is and how it works.
I learned that from flying airplanes. I would always get white knuckles when I flew.
my buddy would tell me that you can fly a plane with 2 fingers.

anyways. that's it.
good job. looks cold but fun all together.

aloha

Back
Top Bottom